Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email link to PDF files not working

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 01:49 PM)
PamArr
First Poster
Options

I have recently bought a Galaxy A12.

I have received an Outlook email with links to pdf files. When I open the email on my Windows PC and click on the link, the file appears at the bottom of the screen in a download bar. Clicking on this shows the document in Adobe.

If I open the email on my Apple Ipad mini and click on the link, I get a tab in the Safari browser showing the document contents.

IMG_3981.JPG

Clicking on the link on the A12 gives another screen saying the download is complete with the filename now having the file extension as .bin. If I click on OPEN I get a message that says it cannot find an application to open the file. I also cannot find where the download went to.

IMG_3980.JPG

I must have missed something - in setup/settings - but what? Any help will be most gratefully received.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried downloading Adobe Reader from the PlayStore and seeing if your files open?
0 Likes
PamArr
First Poster
Options

I have had Adobe reader on the phone from day one. Emails with pdf attachments are no problem. It's the above email with links to pdf files that doesn't work.

Regards

0 Likes
PamArr
First Poster
Options

I have several email accounts. As well as Outlook I have Gmail, Yahoo & AOL. I forwarded the Outlook email to all 3 and they all downloaded the pdf files correctly. It is just Outlook that doesn't work. 

0 Likes