Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send to gmail

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 08:54 PM)
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
I have a Galaxy A40.  I'm running the standard Samsung email app - have done for years.

A little while ago, it stopped delivering mail to all "gmail" addresses - returning an error message.

I just unintalled and reinstalled the email app. It then sent just one message to a Gmail address, but no more after that.

Ideas, anyone?
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
AndrewL
Options

@BigBoy7: Please can you confirm what the error message says, and at what point you receive it? In the meantime, please try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Scroll down to Server Settings > Scroll down to Outgoing Server > Security type > None. I also recommend signing in to your account via your email providers homepage, to see if the issue persists. 

0 Likes
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
Thanks. I'll check.
0 Likes
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
Here's the error message in full:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* k****@gmail.com

Reason: A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server ?? responded with: ** k****@gmail.com ??:?? This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server .
0 Likes
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
Security type IS (and always has been) "none".
0 Likes
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
Sends OK from the same account's online webmail, from this phone. And also, from the same account, from Outlook on a PC.
0 Likes
BigBoy7
First Poster
Options
- The Samsung email app is version 6.1.72.1
- Running Android 11, with 1st June 2022 security patch
0 Likes
SandyM4
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. With 2 Samsung phones and tablet. The emails will send on other devices that aren't using the Samsung mail app. I have most recent update, but continue to get undelivered mail messages. Very frustrating when running a business.

0 Likes
TT84
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with S22. Only happens with outgoing emails to Gmail addresses. Seems like a Gmail problem. 

0 Likes
themagpiesaid
First Poster
Options

Hi

This is also happening on my S10.   IDid anyone find a solution to this issue

0 Likes