Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T OPEN APPS IN SETTINGS

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 03:59 PM)
neekz7777
Apprentice
Options
I accidently deletes my play store app and now I can't re-install it.
I've tried to open it up by going to APPS IN SETTINGS but everything I so to open it, the page just closes automatically....help please 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I don't know if this is advised, it's just an idea, have you tried to Google search "download Google playstore" to see if it helps you?

Normally it should just disable the playstore rather than delete it.

The method I suggested maybe risky if you do not know what you're doing as you could download a malicious file. Only try it if you feel comfortable.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@neekz7777: It isn't possible to uninstall the Google Play Store, as it is an embedded feature of the software, however you may have accidentally disabled it. What I'd suggest is heading to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store, and check the bottom of the screen for an 'Enable' option. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
neekz7777
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Andrew. This is what I attempted to do but when I open up APPS in my settings, the page just closes straight away so I can't enable it again.

I just need to enable the play store but the screen shuts down as soon as I open it.

I can access other tabs in my settings, e.g notifications, accessibility but not the apps section
0 Likes
neekz7777
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Mitzz,

I have also attempted this but I can't download it again because it is already downloaded.

This issue is that it is unabled and I need to enable it again to use it but I can't access the apps page to do it so I can't really get anywhere I need to be
AndrewL
Options

@neekz7777: Please can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together until your phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Now, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, followed by Memory > Clean Now. While you're here, tap on Device Protection > Scan Phone, to see if this flags any issues. 

If the problem persists, restart the phone in Safe Mode to disable all third party apps, then head back to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Enable, to see if you're able to proceed without issue. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

If you find that the problem isn't present in Safe Mode, restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed applications.