Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access lock screen customisation settings ever since One UI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 11:05 PM)
GautamD
Journeyman
Options
Title. I touch and hold on my lock screen, for it to load and say "Wallpaper and style keeps crashing". Sent a report to the devs but I can't even access the settings from the settings pane, as seen in the screenshot, nothing happens. Tried restarting my phone to force stopping the "Wallpaper and style" app but to no avail. 

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GautamD 

Please first try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

And Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MehdiMimou
First Poster
Options

Same problem here in galaxy a33

maxiambrosini
First Poster
Options

I don't think that will do it. I own a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and same thing is happening after a factory reset.

0 Likes
Juju6766
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. I can no longer access the Lock Screen settings. I can't change the wallpaper, clock settings ect. This occurred after the One UI update this month February. I have T-mobile and S22Ultra.

Juju6766
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same problem after the latest update from T-Mobile with the One UI update. Now I can't access the Lock Screen Edit option. Tapping it only highlights it but nothing happens. I tried doing it the other way by accessing Wallpaper And Styles by tapping the Lock screen Icon/Thumbnail and the same thing happens. It gets highlighted but nothing seem to happen. I tried clearing cache, fix apps in the root menu after shutting it down and powering it, but nothing seem to work. I think it's the latest update that have caused this issue.

Members_9tjsXzv
First Poster
Options

You have to uninstall AOL (Always On Display) on the Samsung Store and re-install it.

BingBlop
First Poster
Options

This didn't work for me.

brettmorris
First Poster
Options

I had this issue on my phone for over a year. There were several updates during that time. Not a single one fixed this issue unfortunately.

I just needed to change the `contact message` due to it having outdated info.  I had to do a full factory reset to get rid of the old contact message but now I can't set a new one. 

0 Likes
GHOST11
Student
Options

Same problem here samsung A03

0 Likes