Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not turning on (Samsung Galaxy A54)

(Topic created on: 23-09-2023 02:28 AM)
Shotpurple
Student
Options

When I try to turn bluetooth on, the icon goes from white to light blue, as if it is turning on, but never actually turns on and never becomes darker blue. It stays on light blue.

Bluetooth worked fine until about two weeks ago.

Any ideas on fixing this problem?

20 REPLIES 20
aliex77
Apprentice
Options
Yes haw i can to do my phone on Google very nice and graphic pictures please
0 Likes
BineSa
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem since a system update. I have to switch the phone off and on and then it works again. So annoying.
AndrewL
Options

@Shotpurple @BineSa: Please try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Now, head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth, and attempt to toggle it on. If you're able to switch on Bluetooth as expected, then please restart your phone as you would normally and uninstall any third party apps that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. 

mattyd79
Student
Options
I also have this problem and haven't found a solution yet
mattyd79
Student
Options
It seems to have happened since the latest update
MylesLloyd
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew, this assumes that the issue is a 3rd party app rather an issue with Samsung software (as it seems to be).

I intermittnlently have this issue on my brand new Samsung Galaxy A54. Yesterday my data decided to not try and reconnect when leaving the tube (this was only sorted by dismounting and remounting my SIM). I have also twice had issues with google pay app not working despite closing and reopening the app and only being fixed by a full phone restart.

This phone is 2 or 3 weeks old and has not been dropped nor exposed to water etc. The common theme is this new phone (I have added 3 apps since my old phone and they are all VERY common apps so I doubt that this is the issue).

Please could you have someone look into these connection issues?
Members_NXt7oCJ
First Poster
Options

The same here, since a system update a few weeks ago, bluetooth turns itself off and the only way to make it turn on is to restart the phone... very annoying, I hope this bug will dissappear in a following update

Rub98619268945
First Poster
Options

Same problem here 😞

reboot is the only, temporary, fix

Members_Q1LbmOH
First Poster
Options

I tried the answer below and restart in Safe Mode to get the Bluetooth button to activate propperly. I left the phone for 5 mins then moved into normal mode, hit the button and bam its started searching for bluetooth devices. Ive turned it off n on a few times, so far all good!

0 Likes