Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 12/05/19 18:48)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
Terradw
Options
Galaxy A Series

Chatted with Samsung this morning and they could or would not give me a date as to when they may have a new update and if this will even fix the issue with connecting to bluetooth devices. I am having the same issue with my Fitbit Charge2, Vehicle and Wireless Headphones....pretty much any device that requires Bluetooth. 

Basically was told that they were sorry for the inconvenience but we will just have to wait. 

0 Likes
Natalie52
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Following too! My A8 also won't connect with my fitbit Alta hr or my car, super annoying! I've also cleared my Bluetooth cache but it doesn't help. When I try and scan for new devices nothing comes up, I can't even re-pair.

Jy22
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Ditto. Same problem. Did the update in April/2019 and now bluetooth issues, won't connect to my Fitbit charge2 anymore. Did all the resets and trouble shooting.. blah blah blah...completely frustrating!
Delta3
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

So Samsung, starting to look like you've got a problem here... What are you going to do about it? Anyone from Samsung monitoring these boards?

Christine25
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

Has anyone got sorted with Bluetooth issue as I'm getting nowhere fast

this all happened after my last update and had been on with fitbit too and dear love them not their fault but they tried everything to get my charge 2 & A8 to link up to no avail

Help please 😞 

0 Likes
Silkyk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

So to bring my post up to speed 

I've already been to a samsung support centre in Glasgow who replaced my motherboard and told me it was fixes, I check to see if it would pair with my charge 2.... unsuccessful 

I went to my Samsung support centre in Edinburgh a week ago 24th May and told them the problem hadn't been resolved so they kept my phone A8 and told me they'd replace the mother board again and "Bluetooth antenna" after going to rhe centre to collect my phone today 31st may I took my charge 2 to see if it had my fixed... guess what unsuccessful AGAIN!! 

To be told by some young lad who looked like he was straight out of school behind the desk that Samsung Galaxy A8 is not compatible with fitbit charge 2 despite fitbit website saying A8 is compatible for all the charge 2 features and like many of you our phones/fitbits all worked prior to the update Samsung released in April..

I will be taking this further with Samsung as I'm deeply disheartened by this experience. 

Dougweller
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Just to update. Samsun Centre flashed my A8. I was able to reconnect to my car and TomTom as I had before, and scan worked - usually. It had stopped before. Tried to connect many times to my Charge 2 and was told it failed. In fact I am connected but it doesn't show as connected on my phone, not acceptable.

Right now I'm struggling to connect to my new Mpow bluetooth headphones. iPod connected easily, but once again the scan button doesn't always work. The headphones have showed up but failed to pair.

0 Likes
Jy22
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Also there was an update for my phone today June 4. I updated, really hoping it would fix and change it so my Fitbit charge 2 would connect again. And well, no such luck. Bboooooooo!

0 Likes
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

I had my motherboard replaced on my phone too, it did not solve the problem.

I made sure I checked my bluetooth before i left the store. What we found was, at first my bluetooth worked. But once I downloaded fitbit and tried to connect this didn't work. My phone would then not connect to anything else via bluetooth. We then removed the fibit app and then bluetooth suddenly worked again for everything else. This suggests there may be something wrong with the fitbit app, so I am going to contact them directly regarding this. 

0 Likes
Karenmg
Observer
Options
Galaxy A Series

Interesting! I just uninstalled the Fitbit app and my phone appears to be searching for and finding bluetooth things to pair where it wasn't before. I'll be interested to see how my phone goes in the car tomorrow. I really hope this is the solution. Been frustrated for months!

Dougweller
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

I just want to repeat here that having my phone's firmware flashed fixed my problem and my phone connects with my Charge 2.

Ange124
Observer
Options
Galaxy A Series

How do I reflash my firmware?? Will this lose my pics etc?  I'm having bluetooth problems since the update to v9 last month.  I currently hate my samsung and want to revert back to my old iPhone 6s 

0 Likes
Ange124
Observer
Options
Galaxy A Series
How do I do this?
0 Likes
Dougweller
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

You take it to a Samsung centre at an EE shop and they do it.

0 Likes
Amands
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

How do you get it flashed? Its frustrating for it not to connect to my fitbit and only occasionally auto connect to my car (pairing it again works for 5 or so times)

0 Likes
Kakeeway
Options
Galaxy A Series

Thank you for this. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and restarted my phone and bluetooth worked again! Might be the solution. Unfortunate though that I can no longer have my Fitbit connected to my phone.

0 Likes
inthemiddle3
Options
Galaxy A Series

Same here. Very frustrating. Please fix this!

KimmyB
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Ok people... can I get you all to go to to your bluetooth settings, click on the 3 dots on the top right. It should then say advanced settings and contact us. Can you all click on contact us and let Samsung know that since the last update that your A8's bluetooth is not now connecting and to what and that you know it is not just your phone because of this forum.  Thank you and good luck.. hopefully the more of us that do this, perhaps Samsung will do something about it and not treat it as an individual phone issue.

JessieT
Observer
Options
Galaxy A Series

I tried to do this but there is no option for "contact us". After clicking on advanced all that comes up us ringtone sync  and bluetooth control history 

Natalie52
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Go under settings, then connections, then bluetooth. Click the 3 dots in the top right, instead of clicking advanced click on contact us. 

liz50
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Contact us doesn't come up