Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A80 camera stuck

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 06:41 PM)
Holster
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone

I have the A80 and the camera has got stuck. Every time I press the flip mode to selfie, I can hear the mechanism juttering and it says 'make room for the camera to switch sides'

It worked fine and then 2 seconds later was like this. It's completely stuck and unsure what to do. I've reset camera settings and restarted phone. 

Can anyone help please? Has this happened to you and you know how to fix?

☺ 

18 REPLIES 18
CarlH
Options

Hi, @Holster. Do you have a case/ cover or screen protector on your phone?

Holster
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I did, but I have taken it off and still no different. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Can you check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode? Restart your phone but hold the Volume Down button when restarting (Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner). 

0 Likes
Holster
Apprentice
Options

I've tried this 3 times and nothing comes up about safe mode as I restart. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hold the button until you reach the home screen. YOu might also be able to activate it by hold ing the Power button and then long pressing on Power Off on the screen which should change to Safe Mode.

0 Likes
Holster
Apprentice
Options

I've finally managed to do it and now I have to reset all my settings back and it didn't help - the camera is still stuck.

0 Likes
Ocio
First Poster
Options
Hi! Were you able to fix it? I currently have the same problem, can you please help me?
Holster
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

Unfortunately not, sorry. I managed to speak to an advisor and need to arrange for my phone to be sent off to be looked at by Samsung. 

If you try speak to them online or on the phone, they can give you more advice. That's how I did in the end. 

Good luck. 

0 Likes
Amaanabbas
Apprentice
Options

Has any one found any solution and mr. Holster your problem has been solved or its still pending...  i think it may be an software bug...particulary happens when voltage of motor is low. It is what i came across so i think samsung must roll out an update. Soon .. 

0 Likes