Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removable Battery for Mid Range Phones/ Ideas.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 04:31 AM)
Icecream
Apprentice
Options

I think Samsung need to start making phones with removable battery. There is still a huge consumer base that want a Samsung phone with removable battery.

Ive noticed the new mid range phones do not have glass backs and its now nearly plastic. This will be a perfect opportunity for them to add a removable battery.

Or they should make a one off edition with removable battery.

Example imagine if Samsung made an upto date Note 4 2020 version. I miss having removable battery phones.

I know the xcover pro has removable battery. However i know Samsung can easily make a mid range spec phone or even one edition of high spec phone with removable battery.

I know S5 was waterproof but tbh i am not bothered over a waterproof phone. Or fingerprint/face scanner.

Please Samsung make atleast a mid range phone that looks good or even one like note 4 with removable battery. 

Thats what made Samsung stand out in the first place. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I think they moved away from removable batteries for a reason though , even though I agree they were more usable when out and about with no battery bank or outlet.
But I think its because phones have gotten so thin, and it also helps reduce environmental waste (abit) I know people dump anything they can but battery are dangerous, not only to the user but also and more importantly to the environment.
They could counter the non removable battery issue by not charging so much if you get them changed by authorized repair companies
0 Likes
Icecream
Apprentice
Options

I understand they moved away from removable batteries but this is why I believe this thread is important to me and consumer that want a removable battery.

I really hope Samsung make even if it's like a one off phone with removable battery.

As Samsung make so many different series of phones I guess it will not be an issue for Samsung to make even one good mid range/of high end phone with removable battery every some years.

Like I would luv Samsung to make example Note 4 2020 edition. Or S4 2020 edition.

Or how about even up to date version of Samsung Alpha. 2020 edition. I know it can be done, I really hope Samsung do this.

I understand phones are getting thinner, but for me i wouldn't mind to have a thicker phone where you can do basics with a good camera. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Icecream  Easily pleased  :smiling-face:      However realise this will be good news to some  and may well be viable with some mid range phones.     However some good  points made by @GingerSteve  and hope this will not be detrimental environmentally.   Another matter with with premium devices as removable batteries limit design and space which can be used for additional features.    Samsung though cater for a variety of customers .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Icecream
Apprentice
Options

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-new-budget-phone-removable-battery-benchmark/amp/

I really hope they make a mid range phone with removable battery soon. Hope this will lead more phones with removable battery.

0 Likes