Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer import photos from A51 to Windows 10 PC since Android 13 auto update

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 10:52 PM)
Members_TJhSD1b
Student
Options

My Galaxy A51 had an automatic update to Android 13 last month. Great. I am now unable to import photos to my Windows 10 HP PC. Windows Photos gets stuck ‘searching for new photos’ . Curiously, no problem importing photos from my Sony camera to the same PC, and no problem importing photos from the Galaxy A51 to my MacBook. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Members_TJhSD1b: What method are you using to transfer the photos from your Galaxy A51? If you're using a USB cable, and this isn't working as expected, then you may wish to explore some cloud backup options such as OneDrive or Google Drive, which you can then access via a browser on your HP PC. With this in mind, swipe up from your Home screen and select the Samsung folder > My Files > Storage, and set up your OneDrive and Google Drive accounts from here. Alternatively, head to Settings > Accounts and backup > Google Drive > Back up data, and follow the on screen instructions. 

maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Is your PC updated to its latest version?

0 Likes
Members_TJhSD1b
Student
Options

Using USB. PC is up to date. Have now also tried to import photos from phone to another Windows PC and same problem.

I can import photos by removing the microSD card and inserting it in the PC's card reader, but can no longer import from the phone using USB.

Nothing wrong with the USB cable(s). When phone is connected to the PC with USB, Windows recognises phone and starts 'searching for new photos' as normal except ever since the automatic update to Android 13 in late December, Windows now gets stuck in the searching mode with no photos appearing on the PC screen and hence no way to import photos any longer using USB. Happens with two different Windows computers. And very oddly doesn't happen when connected to a Mac with USB. Must be an Android/Microsoft software issue but how can it be fixed without resetting the phone?

0 Likes
Members_TJhSD1b
Student
Options

AndrewL thanks, I had a go with both One Drive and Google Drive and they were both taking ages to upload my photos, so I gave up on the Cloud. USB in the past has always been a simple and reliable way of backing up my photos on my PC (and on an external SSD). I may give the Cloud another go some other time, but I'd much rather do without it.

0 Likes
Members_TJhSD1b
Student
Options

I'm starting to think that this actually isn't a Samsung issue after all but rather Microsoft or Google. Is it a coincidence that a solution for importing photos when Photos gets stuck 'looking for new photos' with USB happens to be One Drive or Google Drive? I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10, and guess what? Same problem. Still can't import photos with USB, but I do get a notification from Microsoft while trying to import photos with USB recommending .... One Drive. They couldn't be that devious, could they?

0 Likes