Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 Poor signal

(Topic created on: 08-06-2023 10:40 PM)
Scotty2Hotty
First Poster
Options

I have had my new Samsung Galaxy A54 5G (Model SMA546B/DS) for a week, I live in England, I am disappointed with the 4G signal and the download speed I receive. 

My previous phone was a poco X3 NFC and both have been on the EE network. 

The poco got full signal where I live and the speed was 80+mbps, now I have a A54 has a one bar signal and it struggles to get 20mbps. How can I get a better spec phone and get a such a lower performance?

Has anyone experienced this problem or is the phone a poor performer?

12 REPLIES 12
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yes, I experience the same anomaly as you. In my case, my A53 5G outperforms my S22! How on earth can that be the case? Same location (home), same network (EE), and yet the A53 blows the S22 away!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It could be hardware based @Scotty2Hotty 

Check with the outlet that supplied the phone for any relevant cooling off period to have the phone swapped out.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I recently upgraded my A53 to the A54 and haven't noticed any issues with the signal. I am on Tesco (02) and mobile network mode is set to 5g auto connect . You could try going to settings, general management, reset, reset network settings but this will reset all WiFi, mobile and Bluetooth settings.
0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
if its the 5g version it should be 5g do a coverage checker, the bars are not signal its how close you are to a signal tower so you can have 5 bars but no signal depends on interference, the weather, connection issues
0 Likes
jakey420
Explorer
Options
Where do you live? In an Urban Town or a Rural Village?
0 Likes
Kanoobi
Explorer
Options

20230702_161051.jpg

I've only had my A54 for a few weeks, I didn't notice until I saw this thread that my signal is low. Previous phones usually gave me 4 bars while at home.

0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
It's horrible, the calls cut off too on my s20 fe 5g while on carringway.
0 Likes
Roxy83ita
First Poster
Options
Same issue here, very poor signal for whatsapp phonecalls or video meetings. What did you guys do in the end?
Nazeem
First Poster
Options

My samsung A54 show poor connection although my internet speed show fast on my speedtest

0 Likes