Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages..

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 09:11 AM)
leighleigh
Pioneer
Options
I'm having a right old ta-doo with my A52 5g. If it's not the calender being wiped, or it blocking random contacts, it's now sending text messages in multiples, but says its 'failed' and not sent. 
It sent 16 of the same message to my sister, and 9 of a text sent to my boss, but again saying failed!!
Can anyone from Samsung help please..
If I phone Sky, my provider, they are not equipped to help with technical issues....believe me, i've tried!!
Thank you...
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could have malware, your Google account may be compromised or you have a rogue app which has been granted SMS permissions.
leighleigh
Pioneer
Options
Ok thank you...how can I check please....
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Download, install and scan using Malwarebytes from Play Store, change Google password, check the permissions for apps installed around the time this.

Keep an eye on things and see if this persists.

In relation to the actual texts, do they all say the same thing or can you not see the messages?
leighleigh
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for your help. I will do all you've advised. Fingers crossed.
What I see from my end is the text message in red, with failed alongside. I only saw the texts today as he screenshot them, then sent to me...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @leighleigh 

I can imagine your sister and boss would be getting fed up if they had received all your texts !

As a further troubleshooting step can you put your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Also try Safe Mode > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

And it's worth trying > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed here, too.
0 Likes