Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G stabilisation

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 04:52 PM)
Daniel1978_
First Poster
Options
Anyone else really let-down that their is no image stabilisation on 60fps or UHD? I hope this can be corrected via a software update. Even if they added electronic image stabilisation that would be something. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
My a51 5g has stabilisation at 4k30 (no 60fps option here as they removed it on the 2020 series for no reason despite the older a70 and a70s having it)
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
If you mean this mode, that is not regular stabilisation. That's super steady mode, which takes a large crop in of the ultrawide sensor and then uses EIS to stabilise it as there's so much extra image to work with. However, 4k video requires 8mp in the 16:9 format which is at least 11mp in the 4:3 format, while the ultrawide sensor is only 12mp. However remember how big of a crop in it has; it simply doesn't have the pixels to record in 4k here. Also no 60fps might be a limitation of the sensor or Samsung disabling features for no reason like how I don't have 60fps on the main camera.

SmartSelect_20210420-075259_Camera_26425.jpg

0 Likes
Daniel1978_
First Poster
Options
If you click that button it just pushes you back to 1080P. I meant the option in camera settings it is greyed out on the UHD. Thanks.
0 Likes
michaello_A
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I have A52 lte, and I have greyed out video stabilisation in settings when planning to record wide 4K 30FPS video. My previous phone was A51 lte and it was able to record 4K video in wide 4K FPS video with stabilisation turned on in settings. Video was nice smooth. This is a big big dissapointment that new generation doesnt have the same feature as predecessor.  I mean, what is the difference between A52 and A51 that A52 can not have same stabilisation for 4K video in wide mode. I DONT believe there is other than crappy software block. Shame on you SAMSUNG (otherwise big fan).

0 Likes
Declan Wilson
First Poster
Options

Recent software update (Dec 8th) seems to have fixed this.

Now available for 4K 30fps (but not HD 60fps). Works on both normal and Ultra Wide lens.

Have tested it and it works.

Super Steady still only available at 1080p though but I'm happy enough.

This applies to A52s 5G.

0 Likes
michaello_A
Apprentice
Options

What a great news! Hope they will relase update for A52 LTE as well.

Thanks for informing :smiling-face:

M.

0 Likes
michaello_A
Apprentice
Options

Bad news, with update *AUL3 they have enabled video stabilisation only for full hd 30fps (A52 LTE). Option still greyed out dor UHD 30fps! Still shame! Eventualy next update or Andrioid 12 will bring it, Samsung?!

Members_oahUgFm
First Poster
Options

I kind hope the same

0 Likes
Declan Wilson
First Poster
Options

I spoke to soon. January update has taken it away again! Now back to just 1080p 30fps.

0 Likes