Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 regional lock

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 07:21 PM)
enkonRAW
Student
Options

Hi all.
I'm about to buy an A50, italian version. I've ridden it has region lock.
I got that i have to call 5 minutes (?) with my italian sim card, but what is not very clear to me is:
do i have to call from italy to somewhere out of europe? or it is enough i call from italy to italy?
Eventually, after this call, will i be able to call with every sim card ?
I want to be sure because next month i'm leaving for south korea for 5 weeks and then i will be in USA for 2 weeks, and it won't be nice to have a phone that is not supporting korean and american sim card.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

any 5 min call with an italian SIM will do :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Galaxy-S8-Sim-region-lock/td-p/298262

"All current Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on."

enkonRAW
Student
Options

ok, i'm actually asking that, because i have an A8 2018 (my company phone) that in USA with american simcard is not working, and i made way more than 5 minutes total talking time from european simcard. So this might be that it is locked to the specific network i tried??
I'm just worried that if A50 has the same issue, in usa i won't be able to have connectivity. How can i check if a specific network is disabled?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

So it's about branding. Well, there are things that you could check, especially the CSC ( dial *#1234# to obtain ).

https://www.androidsage.com/2017/07/12/list-of-samsung-galaxy-country-specific-product-code-csc-and-...

The easiest thing to do would be to ask the support, can via reached via Samsung Members App.

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

I dialled *#1234# and got :

0202020122848.jpg

The CSC-line begins with the type "G960F", then comes the CSC, in this case "OXM". Which means Multi-CSC-unbranded. An alternative way to get this would be Settings > Telephone Info > Software Info > Provider Info

"XEU" = manufactured for UK "DBT" = german SIM "OXM" = not branded

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Hi you'll have to call minimum of five minutes to disable the regional lock of your phone.
If it doesn't work then you'll have to contact Samsung via Mail or a quick call so they can generate you a regional lock disabling code.

It could be a time expensive process to generate the code so you could wait a week or two.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes