Support

Open search

A50 Freezing & Rebooting

Highlighted

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 which keeps freezing and rebooting itself, especially when i use the camera function.  I took it into my local Samsung shop for a diagnostic check & they said the issues were down to an App (Live360) so i took the app off (and any others just in case) but its still happening.  Its driving me insane!!!!!  Can anyone help please.  Trying to speak to anyone during this pandemic is hell in itself!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hey @SarLizzy ,

this is not expected from our phones and services. Are you able to tell me where did you take the phone? Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and so if the phone works in this mode, we can confirm it is being blocked by a third-party app. If so, you will need to locate and either uninstall or contact the app developers for a fix.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I took the phone to the Samsung shop in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, just before lockdown, so approx Feb/March.

I will try the handset in safe mode to see if the issue persists.  I did actually remove the apps that I had on the handset at the time.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hello,

I have just started the phone in safe mode and all the apps were greyed out and no notifications came through.

Highlighted

Sorry about that, Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and so if the camera and phone operate correctly in this mode, we can confirm it is being caused by a third-party app. If so, you will need to locate and either uninstall or contact the app developers for a fix.

Top Liked Authors