Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Freezing & Rebooting

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:09 AM)
SarLizzy
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 which keeps freezing and rebooting itself, especially when i use the camera function.  I took it into my local Samsung shop for a diagnostic check & they said the issues were down to an App (Live360) so i took the app off (and any others just in case) but its still happening.  Its driving me insane!!!!!  Can anyone help please.  Trying to speak to anyone during this pandemic is hell in itself!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @SarLizzy ,

this is not expected from our phones and services. Are you able to tell me where did you take the phone? Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and so if the phone works in this mode, we can confirm it is being blocked by a third-party app. If so, you will need to locate and either uninstall or contact the app developers for a fix.

0 Likes
SarLizzy
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I took the phone to the Samsung shop in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, just before lockdown, so approx Feb/March.

I will try the handset in safe mode to see if the issue persists.  I did actually remove the apps that I had on the handset at the time.

Thank you.

0 Likes
SarLizzy
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have just started the phone in safe mode and all the apps were greyed out and no notifications came through.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry about that, Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and so if the camera and phone operate correctly in this mode, we can confirm it is being caused by a third-party app. If so, you will need to locate and either uninstall or contact the app developers for a fix.

0 Likes
Klaatu
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I too have this issue with my A50, bought in Jan 2020. After the last software update sent by Samsung, my phone will freeze for no reason in any app I'm using. A few seconds later it will restart on its own. I have even had the case that it froze up after unlocking the phone after the initial reboot. I have tried the safe mode for at least 24h and nothing happened. This is getting very annoying ☹.

Does anyone else have this issue? I found lots of random blogs and sites where many speak of the issue… but no solution. All I see is the recommended steps from Samsung, but no one replies with any conclusion.

0 Likes
SarLizzy
Apprentice
Options
Not much help I'm sorry, but I ended up getting the main board replaced but after the 3rd time of taking it in, I decided to trade it in & went to an S10
0 Likes
Klaatu
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info. I will probably open a new thread and see if i get any results. Samsung only responds with default workarounds which is no help at all. And to think I changed from huawei to Samsung on purpose based on previous experience with a S5 whoch had and has no issues to date and now get this result. 

0 Likes
Members_VkMMKzm
Student
Options

I have the same problem! I've try to reset phone but problem not solved. I've try with Safe Mode for 2 days and all works. Then I have remove all app and on first start after safe mode... freeze and reboot!

I think the problem is default Samsung app disable in safe mode but not disable on normal mode.

9 months phone have problem... impossibile! Very very unhappy

OriolVilajuana
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem and I've even tried doing a factory reset of the phone, but it haven't worked. I'd be very grateful if samsung released a complete solution to this issue...

I haven't tried putting the phone in safe mode... but I'm sure I'll do it soon...

If someone has a "magical" solution to this problem, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

0 Likes