Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A22 Notifications Vibration not working after One UI Update

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 05:27 PM)
Omar Rabie
Apprentice
Options

I just installed One UI Core 5 Upgrade (Android 13) and since the update, my phone restarted several times it looked like it bugged ... after 30 minutes of continually restarting itself it worked fine ... until I discovered that my notifications didn't vibrate anymore... I tried several solutions but until now i can't find a way to turn it back on

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
janeb132
Student
Options
Mine is the same. Think there is an issue with the update
janeb132
Student
Options
Still not working after everything I've been asked to do. It's definitely an update issue
Asogut
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Ever since the upgrade my Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F) suddenly stopped vibrating. When I restart the phone it vibrates for a second during tge standard launch.... Meaning the vibration motor isn't broken.

Long time Samsung user but am very disappointed. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, everyone. I'm sorry to learn that you've encountered an issue with the vibration after recently updating your phones.

Firstly, if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend consulting the tips in the article below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-set-my-samsung-galaxy-device-to-vibrate/

If you have gone through each of the tips and still experience the issue, then I recommend submitting an Error report, so that our developers can take a closer look at this for you. They will then get back to you as soon as possible with either a solution or more information about the solution (if a general issue is identified here, it is probable that a fix will be incorporated into a future software update).

Here's how you can report this issue:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please let us know what you are advised and when you get this matter resolved.

0 Likes
Omar Rabie
Apprentice
Options

already diagnosed the vibration 20 time , and it is not working

0 Likes
Omar Rabie
Apprentice
Options

nothing new till now

0 Likes
daza1978
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I'm having exactly the same problem with the Samsung galaxy a52s My phone is completely stopped vibrating and then every now and again it will just vibrate on a notification then stop again I get no vibration on my keyboard or ringtone really weird
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Omar Rabie and @daza1978. As well as what I wrote in my previous reply, you could also check whether the Vibration is working as expected.

Go to the Samsung Members app> Support > Phone diagnostics > Vibration > Vibrate

After doing the full test, please check to see if an issue is diagnosed. If it is, then you will be advised of the next steps.

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
daza1978
Journeyman
Options
Yeah thank you for your advice Paul I have done everything to get my to vibrate again with know luck 😪 every now and then my phone will vibrate on a app notification so I know the vibration motor isn't damaged I'm sure it's a bug in the software I'm hoping on the next software update this problem will be resolved 🙏🤞
0 Likes