Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 2.0 the Good & Bad so far

(Topic created on: 22-10-2019 11:56 AM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Let get talking about One UI 2.0...

What are your favourite changes to the new One UI as well as the not so good changes..

I have to say as a whole I am impressed with the new polished One UI, even in its (Pre mistake release) Beta stages, it is very stable.

Ok for my favourite changes are:

:smiling-face: The new Media & Devices shortcuts in the notification tray.. makes my Smart home even easier to access

:smiling-face: The new camera layout with easy acces filter/ Zoom shortcuts

:smiling-face: The New Gestures for Navigation

:smiling-face: The battery life is loads better

The not so Good

:face-with-rolling-eyes: I would have liked to have seen more customisation e.g full icon packs not just Samsung apps or even just icon masks like the ones in developer settings.

:face-with-rolling-eyes: Changes to lock screen colour & other personalisations don't apply till after restart

OK so now it's YOUR turn so have some fun, and remember everyone is entitled to have their own view on what is good and bad, we all like different things (which is why Samsung has a hard job of making us all happy :winking-face:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
66 REPLIES 66
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

Thanks for sharing your opinion about the One UI 2! 

We are very happy that you enjoy it! :smiling-face:

Let me also share what I love about this binary:

:heavy-black-heart: New gestures! I had no idea I needed them, but now that I have started using them, I can't imagine going back! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

:heavy-black-heart: Notification category! My notifications used to be such a mess. But now I can still get important notifications (that are set in Alert mode) and not be bothered by something less useful (so they are set in Silent mode).

:heavy-black-heart: Focus mode in Digital wellbeing! It really helps when you have to focus on a particular task! 

Everyone, please share what are your opinions about the One UI 2! We would love to know your input! 

ARamsay
Navigator
Options

My favourite thing so far is the new do not disturb mode that is now more like stock android. You can set multiple do not disturb rules without needing to use Bixby routines, and can even set a one off silent mode duration (great for meetings or going to the cinema!) Although the expanded quick setting could have more functionality than the current on/off toggle.

I'm also loving the new gestures and animations, but being a beta they are a little buggy right now (ie the jarring missing  animation when turning the screen off when you have the expanded lock screen clock open and the always on display comes on and the missing animations when opening conversations in the messages app)

Awahwah
Explorer
Options

The Beta show promise that is for sure. However, my phone is a buggy mess and slow to boot. It could down to Sammy releasing the wrong Binary to the UK yesterday, I'm hoping that is it.

I'd like to go back to v9 but without using Odin that does not look possible for me. 

Hurry up and release to proper UK beta please!

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Yes @TomaszT  I totally forgot about the notifications it's a nice touch to manage the important notifications.

I haven't delved into the digital wellbeing yet but it looks a great feature to realise where you are spending your time and being able to restrict it 

Ben Ginders
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@ARamsay & @Awahwah the first day i used One UI 2.0 I experianced the same symptoms as you but after 24hours it all got better and seems a lot smoother than before, also my battery is along better than android

I have now switched to the default launcher as Nova Launcher was causing freezing whem using the new gestures.

If you are still facing errors it's always worth trying to clear the delvik cache in recovery also in the affected apps.

I myself went for a clean install.

Many thanks for sharing your ups and downs so far. Hopefully the downs will be sorted for you soon 🙂

Ben Ginders
JAMESCUNNY17
Pioneer
Options

@BenGinders wrote:

Let get talking about One UI 2.0...

What are your favourite changes to the new One UI as well as the not so good changes..

I have to say as a whole I am impressed with the new polished One UI, even in its (Pre mistake release) Beta stages, it is very stable.

Ok for my favourite changes are:

:smiling-face: The new Media & Devices shortcuts in the notification tray.. makes my Smart home even easier to access

:smiling-face: The new camera layout with easy acces filter/ Zoom shortcuts

:smiling-face: The New Gestures for Navigation

:smiling-face: The battery life is loads better

The not so Good

:face-with-rolling-eyes: I would have liked to have seen more customisation e.g full icon packs not just Samsung apps or even just icon masks like the ones in developer settings.

:face-with-rolling-eyes: Changes to lock screen colour & other personalisations don't apply till after restart

OK so now it's YOUR turn so have some fun, and remember everyone is entitled to have their own view on what is good and bad, we all like different things (which is why Samsung has a hard job of making us all happy :winking-face:

Can't disagree with any of that the gestures to call or text someone are great and easy to use.

Surprised at how smooth and polished this pre release is only really had the Twitter app freezing which is encouraging.

My favourite features are 

Pop up notification in multi app windows it is excellent and works really well so convenient  and saves a lot of time.

Dark mode just a given looks spectacular  all though I'm no expert but does the job for me.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Great feedback @JAMESCUNNY17 ,

I have to admit I do love dark mode, I just wish Google would push out  this feature for the remainder of their apps like the Google app itself.

Pop up and multi app is something I am yet to fully utalize, but I'm sure it will come in handy very soon 🙂

Ben Ginders
JAMESCUNNY17
Pioneer
Options

Think dark mode on Google apps is a staggered rollout saying that my Gmail and Google app enabled dark mode overnight 

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @JAMESCUNNY17 ,

I have the dark mode for Gmail but not Google app, even though I'm on the Beta program for the Google app

Ben Ginders
0 Likes