Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 2.0 the Good & Bad so far

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 10:09 PM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Let get talking about One UI 2.0...

What are your favourite changes to the new One UI as well as the not so good changes..

I have to say as a whole I am impressed with the new polished One UI, even in its (Pre mistake release) Beta stages, it is very stable.

Ok for my favourite changes are:

:smiling-face: The new Media & Devices shortcuts in the notification tray.. makes my Smart home even easier to access

:smiling-face: The new camera layout with easy acces filter/ Zoom shortcuts

:smiling-face: The New Gestures for Navigation

:smiling-face: The battery life is loads better

The not so Good

:face-with-rolling-eyes: I would have liked to have seen more customisation e.g full icon packs not just Samsung apps or even just icon masks like the ones in developer settings.

:face-with-rolling-eyes: Changes to lock screen colour & other personalisations don't apply till after restart

OK so now it's YOUR turn so have some fun, and remember everyone is entitled to have their own view on what is good and bad, we all like different things (which is why Samsung has a hard job of making us all happy :winking-face:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
66 REPLIES 66
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

There was an update for the media and devices app on the galaxy store, so I decided to leave a review.

Made me a little happy to see others are already leaving bad reviews about how ***** it is now that you can't change output device from the notification pulldown 😁

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@ryamoo wrote:

I'd really like to get that old "smart things" panel back for audio output device switching.

Is there a suggestion for it already? I can't spot it. If not, I'll create one.

I've found it even more frustrating over the last few days whilst I've been using earphones more often, and having to switch between devices. 

One big "no" for me, is that it takes you out of whatever app you're on, and that should not happen. The OS should NOT interrupt my activity for the sake of changing audio output device. 

Watching a YouTube video, wrong device is selected, I have to leave the youtube app to switch output device.

Playing a game, and again I have to leave the app if the wrong output device is being used, which is extremely frustrating for multiplayer games because I have to leave the session by switching apps. 

I can't believe the new method was considered a good idea to implement. 

Not sure if this is back in the "stable" version or not.

Apparently Android Q had this in a beta, but then it was removed a couple of betas later. They did it in a similar way I'd suggested Samsung do it, with an overlay from a notification. 

Apparently OnePlus do it too, similarly to how Samsung did it before they changed it for the worse, so I think I may have found my future android home. There's a bunch of other decent sounding features too that are tempting. 

0 Likes
Bigsean76
First Poster
Options

There’s no option to set individual app notification tones which is a huge mistake if you ask me. I’ve had the s10plus for about 3 months now. It’s really annoyed me and it needs updating very soon.

Not happy at all. 

0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Hm, I have different notification sounds for different apps. Would be very odd if you couldn't.

0 Likes
Bigsean76
First Poster
Options

Since the update I don't and theres no setting to change them. 

0 Likes
Yahyahassen
First Poster
Options

The Good: the new user friendly features in the camera app are GREAT the new shortcuts and navigation are awesome BUT

The Bad: The camera app from the previous update was amazing, the adition of the scene optimiser was nice and i loved the animated icon for it, but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE ICONS IN THE CAMERA APP? the flash looks so weird, scene optimiser is bad compared to the old icon, the switch camera view is to big and chunky now and when selecting the mode the icon around it is clear now, i much preferred the previous one, the icons were better and it just looked much more professional, now the camera app looks too chunky and the icons don't work cohesively. They need the old camera icons (SPECIFICALLY THE SCENE OPTIMISER) please fix this samsung, you guys like working off of user feedback. The old camera app lookes way better

0 Likes
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options

You can use icon packs from the Play Store, I am currently. Use Theme Park from the Good Lock family section, it has a section at the bottom called "icons" download a play store pack and add it in there, select the icon shape for any without a dedicated icon, save and the apply. I'm using "Minty" icon pack.

0 Likes