Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't answer incoming calls

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 01:00 AM)
Phil212
Journeyman
Options
Hi All, sorry if this has been on here before. I'm unable to answer incoming calls!
Has anyone else got this issue?
Or a solution please?
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Phil212,

If clearing cache of the application doesn't help, please report this problem via the Members app. Do not forget to attach log files! 😉

0 Likes
Fabienne33
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with both my Note 9 and my F20: the call calls im, and the screen goes numb and straight to voice mail. The retailer wont do anything but change the SIM card. Wont solve anything. They then send you to the nearest Samsung store who will send you to the local tech store.....exasperating. 

The only thing as a workaround was to put the assisted function that delays going to voice mail and then you might get some response from the screen...... 

0 Likes
totallybored
Student
Options
This is still an issue. Occasionally when phone rings am unable to answer it. Nothing on screen, just ringing and whatever press doesn't work. Have to wait and see who call was from. Not good
Chinabus
First Poster
Options

Yes, same here with my S21.   Nothing on screensaver, so I put in a fingerprint to wake the phone up, but still no green circle, and by the time I've pressed every button I can think of, I've missed the call completely.   I've only just moved back to Samsung from LG, and I'm beginning to wonder if I did the right thing.

0 Likes
Novason
Apprentice
Options

me too... I am having the same issue, it's intermittent, but very real...

incoming phonecall, and I simply can't press and slide the 'green phone icon' ?! 

I do not have a phone case, just the original screen protector (the 2nd layer film) that the phone came with.

my partner had the same issue on her old Samsung Galaxy S10e... I almost did not believe here... this is very annoying, did not expect a high end device to have a issue like this... 

BTW I am running Android v.12 with security patch 1/1-22

sfoster95
Apprentice
Options

I too just started having this issue. I have the tap to answer enabled however when I get a call I tap on the green icon and nothing happens. I have restarted phone and sometimes it is fixed then stops working . I turned off tap to answer and still can’t swipe to answer. I have cleared my cache. This is incredibly frustrating. My S20FE has the latest update applied. 

HamW
Student
Options

I too have the same problem with my Samsung A01.  I keep hitting the green phone headset when the phone is ringing.  But, nothing happens.  So, then I end up calling the person back.  This is frustrating as even the instruction book does not show how to answer the phone.

0 Likes
debbie d
First Poster
Options

i am having the same problem with the same samsung model s20FE .  the green and red answer and decline calls buttons are on the screen but nothing happens when i tap them.  I also no longer have the "tap to answer" option in the settings.. only "press volume up to answer" and "press side key to end calls".  where did tap to answer go?  my software is up to date.  i have cleared cache and restarted the phone. 

0 Likes
No Idea
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problems with my Samsung S9 phone.

Unable to answer any incoming calls using the handset. The phone rings and the green Answer and red Cancel buttons appear on the screen. Swiping the green button has never worked so I had switched to using the Tap to answer. However that doesn't work either. I have to check the missed calls and call back. The odd thing is the ringing sound stops as soon as I press the green button, as if it is answering, but the line immediately goes dead and the call gets added to the list of unanswered call even though I'm still trying to answer it. It's like the Green Answer button is doing exactly the same thing as the Red Cancel button. 

Perhaps this is Samsung's way of helping us by assuming all incoming calls are nuisance calls and cutting them off.

If I connect the phone to the car, I can answer calls using the car's "Accept incoming call" option when it pops up on the car's infotainment screen. The problem is when I'm not in the car.

I recently changed service providers, but unfortunately the unable to answer issue came with me.

0 Likes
Jim Knodle
First Poster
Options

Me  too. Maddening. Hello Samsung-are you listening?

0 Likes