Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd beta on S10 (Standard)

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 11:49 PM)
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
Testing the 3rd beta as of now and I think its definitely up for final release soon!

- Volume slider finally in the correct position! Would be perfect if it was just a tiny bit higher up on S10 but no big deal at all.

- Things are much smoother than ever before and definitely feels like my phone just got a performance boost.

- Battery is holding up better than ever

- Animations are smooth. I was actually about to report on an animation bug that no one talked about but I assume devs took care of it first lol

- Things are actually opening up a lot faster now, black bars have been removed in video calls and camera AI has definitely improved (Still needs work)

Problems

- Keyboard needs some work again. It likes to freeze sometimes while typing.

- RAM usage is high. 3.8GB out of 8GB used on just the home page. 

One thing I was wondering though, have you noticed the text has gotten more bolder or bigger or is it me? Genuinely curious because I feel like it's there.

Anyways, I think its set for release unless something pops up. Good job dev team.
18 REPLIES 18
SHAMIMBHATTI
Pioneer
Options
I have the galaxy s10 plus how can I get the beta
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
People are still stuck with Windows 95/98 mindset. Those of us who use Linux are used to a OS that handles memory effectively and understand that unused ram is wasted ram.
0 Likes
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
I'd rather have the unused ram for games that take up pretty much all the ram. Android 10 seemed to do fine with low ram used (about 2GB)
Andy3
Voyager
Options
android will clear ram when needed when it requires more ram by an app or game. you can always clear ram manually but android will always reload the apps back into ram. it's not Windows. android is a mobile platform so again it loads the most used apps into ram to save battery power. again I said it once I will say it again if an app is already in ram it uses far less battery power than keep having to reload the app every time you use it. if you want your battery to last don't worry about the ram usage as android has a built in ram optimizer. if you don't want your battery to last as long keep clearing ram manually!
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
your games will be fine, once you launch the game it will be allocated the ram it requires to run. it's genuinely not something to think about.
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
How are you on the beta forum if you're not in the beta program? 🤷🏽
Intratech
Voyager
Options
how are you posting in the beta community if you're not enrolled in the beta program?
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@CODEdragonCal,

I am glad to hear that after the last Beta update you've noticed many significant improvements on your device 😀

If you still notice any issues, please report them via the Members application.

Hopefully, the update to the official version of the software will be available soon! 😉

Bobjohno
Apprentice
Options
Hope so as I can't use my phone to pay at the moment!
0 Likes