Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd beta on S10 (Standard)

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 10:07 AM)
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
Testing the 3rd beta as of now and I think its definitely up for final release soon!

- Volume slider finally in the correct position! Would be perfect if it was just a tiny bit higher up on S10 but no big deal at all.

- Things are much smoother than ever before and definitely feels like my phone just got a performance boost.

- Battery is holding up better than ever

- Animations are smooth. I was actually about to report on an animation bug that no one talked about but I assume devs took care of it first lol

- Things are actually opening up a lot faster now, black bars have been removed in video calls and camera AI has definitely improved (Still needs work)

Problems

- Keyboard needs some work again. It likes to freeze sometimes while typing.

- RAM usage is high. 3.8GB out of 8GB used on just the home page. 

One thing I was wondering though, have you noticed the text has gotten more bolder or bigger or is it me? Genuinely curious because I feel like it's there.

Anyways, I think its set for release unless something pops up. Good job dev team.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
themoominator
Explorer
Options
I am not finding any difference with my battery (still not good for me!), but am hoping the final release will be soon!

View solution in context

Solution
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
still a few issues for me.

- Camera still.isnt great
- Auto brightness sometimes doesn't adjust, have to turn the screen on and off for it to update
-Idle battery drain overnight is still a bit meh

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
Solution
themoominator
Explorer
Options
I am not finding any difference with my battery (still not good for me!), but am hoping the final release will be soon!
Andy3
Voyager
Options
omg do people not understand android? ram will always be high usage. all apps are loaded into ram even when you close an app its still in ram to open faster next time you use it. this is very normal for android to save the battery as and open app in ram uses less battery than having to reload the app again. unused ram in android is wasted ram. android uses ram completely different than Windows
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
like this 4.9gb used because there is apps open in ram that I havnt used in a few days.

Screenshot_20210109-113354_Device care.jpg

MarkoOoo
First Poster
Options
Overall phone feels much snappier and faster. Battery seems improved aswell. 👌👍
nlroberts1970
First Poster
Options
I am now not able to unlock phone with face recognition since the Beta 3 on S10+
0 Likes
Sparehead
Navigator
Options
face unlock working for me s10+ try setting it up again
0 Likes
Moonchild130770
Explorer
Options
anyone any idea why I haven't the option to subscribe to beta on my S10+? 🙁
0 Likes
Solution
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
still a few issues for me.

- Camera still.isnt great
- Auto brightness sometimes doesn't adjust, have to turn the screen on and off for it to update
-Idle battery drain overnight is still a bit meh

SHAMIMBHATTI
Pioneer
Options
how can I get the beta
0 Likes