Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xpress C480w - need to set up on new wireless network

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 07:21 AM)
TPF
First Poster
Options

Feeling really stupid as having changed by BT router ( so now have new wi fi network name and password) I can't work out how to get the printer on it is so we can print form our remote devices (Iphone  & Ipad). I just assumed printer would identify available networks and I could enter the password for correct one!

Can anyone make any suggestions in not-too-techie speak to help please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TPF 

Did you manage to get this connected or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
Asif2408
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem. I want to know how I can connect my printer with WLAN?

I know about WPS, Wi-Fi direct, but I want to figure out how to connect via WLAN.

Thanks.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi Both,

I have been researching about this and found that page: http://www.samsungsetup.com/ts/manual/Samsung%20CLP-360%20Series/English/manual/BABBHHBB.htm#:~:text.... that may help. 

0 Likes
JaneSweden
Student
Options

I have EXACTLY the same proböem, I have NEVER before had problems to connect a unit to a wireless network. The Samsung printer was wasted money. We have never been able to use it since it could not be connected to the wireless-net and now the ink has been dried out too. Never a Samsung product again Why not out some money on info, Why making something, which should be EASY so difficult. I will never recommend a Samsung product. Total waste of money. SO DISAPPOINTED on Samsun. There should be simple and clear info. This printer WAS NOT CHEAP. The seller shouldn't at all have recommended such an expensive and useless product when the customer/man only wanted a simple, easy-maintained printer for personal use and he spent money on something he could not even use. Really respectless and so disappointing !!! 😞

JaneSweden
Student
Options

Many seem to also have problems with the Samsung printers. Is it a general problem for Samsung? I found this video. It did however not help me but it might be helpful for somebody else.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMiucUxUh9Y

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@TPF 

hello 

please have Samsung Mobile Print app installed on devices

for guides, see how-to's

😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
whatthef
First Poster
Options

The Samsung Xpress SL-C460W printer is so ***** up and straight from the stone age. To setup the wifi -connection you actually need to connect the printer to your pc using the special USB cable, that came with the printer. Hope you still have it. And you need to install the "Samsung Easy Wireless Setup application". The name of the application is a joke. Using that software you can do it. Easy, right? ;o)

And other thing about this wonderful machine. I updated the firmware and now the bloody thing does not except any other toner Cartridges but the Samsung originals, that are very expensive. Excellent! Thank you Samsung. This will be the last Samsung I ever buy.

0 Likes
Llanylady1
First Poster
Options

Agree totally. We were recommended the C480FW. We bought it and have regretted it ever since. Have not been able to print from my iPad despite the Samsung app, so I have to transfer - often with time and difficulty - whatever I want to print to my old lap top. Ive tried everything under the sun to no effect and like you, will never buy Samsung again. 

0 Likes
Llanylady1
First Poster
Options

Done it and it makes no difference. 

0 Likes