Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung/HP C430W printer Unable to change to new network

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 09:41 PM)
windyweather
First Poster
Options

Had C430W printer on wifi with AT&T and used WiFi no problem.  Worked great. Windows 10 latest.

Changed to Spectrum, new router ASUS AC5300 and new WiFi credentials.

Unable to set up printer on new network. Unable to set up with WiFI or WIRED network. Driver software does not see printer. Works fine with USB. New drivers from HP site. Printer does not show up in Router clients list.

Follows instructions here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05591813

Followed recommendations everywhere else we could find. Used all methods in driver installer. None worked.

Again printer works fine via USB. FAILS to show up in Router clients list. Printer software cannot find printer via WiFi or via WIRED.

What's the problem? Anybody have a clue. Again, this worked fine on the AT&T network. Now LAN address is 192.168.50.x If that makes a difference. Doesn't the printer use DHCP to get a network address if WIRED? How does this not work?

Thanks a ton

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@windyweather 

try reinstalling the "Samsung Easy Wireless Setup application"

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/653/c05610393.zip

you only need to unpair the old router from the printer then setup a new wireless connection

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
windyweather
First Poster
Options

Been there. Done that. Several times. No Joy.

We have uninstalled all the Samsung software from the system. Rebooted. Uninstalled what was left that didn't uninstall the first time,  Rebooted. Then installed the latest and greatest stuff.

Then, like I said, we tried to use an Ethernet cable. Couldn't find the printer on the network. Tried Wireless, took it. But failed to connect. Verified that the Wifi SID and Password were correct in the printer - saw it sometime during the whole process. And it was correct. Still no joy.

BTW, this router has options for WiFi - Smart Connect or single band use. We are using Smart Connect and that works fine for other devices on the network. No clue that that really means, but looks like it is multi-band and uses either 2.4 or 5 GHz.

This printer absolutely positively refuses to connect using any network that we are using.

Works fine on USB.

Any other things to try? I don't see any extra steps to "UNPAIR". We just ran the app and select both NEW PRINTER and EXISTING PRINTER with no joy in either case. If there is some "Unpair" step, please advise.

Printer did not show up in "Client List" of the router when connected with a cable. Does this thing do a DHCP to get an IP address? Or use some other discovery and not get an IP until set up correctly?

Of course the whole process is trying to be so "Easy to Use" that what is actually going on is completely opaque.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
JohnKings
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I have the same problem. 2 networks 192.168.100.0/24 and  172.16.88.0/24. 

On the 192 the wired printer gets an IP via DHCP. On the 172 the router Port does not even Link (RX/TX activity is 0!). I managed to set up the IP manually using the SetIp from Sams/HP. However still no Ethernet Link in the 172. network. Looks like the printer is just dead. DCHP server is running in both networks.

Anybody facing the same issue? 

0 Likes
LR84
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem. The printer does not get the IP from the router using Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
LR84
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.

It was working until I changed the wifi password.

Now I'm not able to print unless I connect with USB. Even using manual IP the printer is not reachable from any PC.

Did some of you find a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
EunJae
First Poster
Options

6DFADE7F-2FDE-4A2D-9170-88527E3A77A7.png

Plug in Ethernet cable to modem and Follow these direction then reset the wi-fi. After that you can go to same place and set up the new network. After that just do the regular wireless set up. I spent hours to find this because I was having the same problem.

0 Likes