Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G9 issue

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 04:52 PM)
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Folks does this sound reasonable?

I purchased a G9 last week, and it is an absolutely fantastic monitor. However there is a glitch with adaptive sync that has been reported and confirmed on the us community forum.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/49-quot-Odyssey-G9-Gaming-Monitor-LC49G95TSS...

Contacted support and was relayed to Samshop to arrange a replacement. Samshop have literally just told me that they aren't Samsung, and can't replace the screen or even give a date when the screen can be replaced. They offered a refund after collection instead. Is there any way to get in touch with actual Samsung to have the monitor replaced as I've been waiting for several months now for this product to be available and it is kinda become integral to working from home (University lecturer).

What's the deal here?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @odysseyenjoyer 

Could we ask where you are based?

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

I'm in the UK Chris.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Great. Are you able to confirm if you purchased this from our Online Shop and when? 

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Purchased directly from samsung.com on the 2/Oct/2020.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How strange as the Online Shop Team is definitely Samsung. Have you tried to reach them on 0330 726 7467 to return this for a replacement or refund? 

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

They didn't seem to think so. I contacted them on the 0330 number, and was bounced around to a few different people. I asked for a replacement, and was instructed that it would be collected and replaced around 2 weeks after collection.  I asked her specifically regarding that model as it took quite a while to become available in the UK (I responded to an email stock alert). She then informed me that replacement was impossible, and that it would be refund only.  I asked to be put on a waiting list, and was informed that that was impossible, and that Samshop wasn't Samsung.

All a bit mad really. I'm a pretty loyal samsung consumer (phones/tablets/tv/earphones etc) and was a pretty disappointed with the quality of support from samshop uk in this case. To make matters worse the quality of the call (clearly from a non UK call centre) was pretty dire making communication difficult. Is replacement actually possible in this case? The US customers seem to be getting replacements sent through to them (the ones that have this issue that is).

Due to the length of call, and as I had a work related matter to get to I had to hang up (this was after 52 minutes or so, of which 40 minutes was holding and being transferred around). The customer support person wanted to close the ticket unresolved , and I specifically asked her to leave it open. Just wanted to see if there would be a follow up of any kind... there hasn't been.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience @odysseyenjoyer , however if they have stated that a replacement is not available due to stock levels this will be the case. If you'd like to discuss your options you will need to give them a call back.

Have a great weekend now. 

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Ouch... Took an hour to get no where last time. Guess it's one more time on the merry-go-round again. Thanks for the insight though. A little shocked tbh.

Have a nice weekend.

0 Likes