Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 08-05-2023 05:56 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
MaxT1978
First Poster
Options

I've the same problem...Is it a firmware or a driver problem? 

Thanks 

MaxT1978

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

It took me months to figure out what's wrong but I didn't get any results, samsung never gave sensible answers so I bought another burner.

bye

0 Likes
Dradsa
First Poster
Options

Just dug mine out and having the same issue. Able to read DVDs fine, but any type of BD fails to read (even ones previously burnt with this drive). Device manager detects it as a BDRW drive, so the driver seems ok. Tried a few other cables (including a micro B to Male A Y splitter) and all had the same issue. Tried passing it through to a windows 7 VM with VMWare, same issue. Dug out an old netbook with win7 pro (that this drive was used with) and same issue! AnyDVD says no disc as well, so i doubt its copy protection related. It COULD be power related, or these drives could just have a really high BD Laser failure rate (Dvds and BDs use different lasers - you can see both of them when you open the tray). I will solder up a data only USB cable, and connect the power to my bench supply and hopefully report back (this will rule out power issues as the bench supply can handle around 20A)

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Buongiorno,

Ho speso giorni interi per ripristinare il BDRW, si sta prima a buttarlo e acquistarne uno nuovo credimi.

0 Likes
Dradsa
First Poster
Options

Finally got around to testing it on external power with a power meter, and can confirm it doesnt seem to be power related. You can hear the laser trying to read the disc, so it at least knows a disc has been inserted. I dug out the original 'drivers' cd it came with, and as others have said, most of the links are dead. If anyone has anything they would like me to try, im happy to give it a go 

0 Likes