Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Known sound quality issue with Galaxy Book 2 360?

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 04:14 PM)
Marim0
Apprentice
Options

Is there any known issue with the sound quality of Galaxy Book 2 360?

I noticed when I am on zoom, the sound is coming in and out and I could hardly hear the speaker. I do this daily with another laptop with no problem.

I was wondering if this sound quality is expected, in that case, I am not very happy with the product... (Still in return period so I am trying to see if I can diagnose fast.)

So I wanted to check with the community if there is something I can do to test to see if this is a hardware issue or if there are any software updates, etc. that some of you might have tried and solved...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

Hi Marim0,

me once again. the issue came back.  Samsung support was useless again, they only offered a convenient for them solution, telling me to reset the unit, instead of trouble shooting.

Anyhooo... I found something-

under the 'sound control panel',

you find a tap called 'communications'.

there you find that windows automatically adjust the sound of communication like calls. I turned that off, to 'do nothing'. 

and 2 days passed, the issue did not recur. not on zoom nor whatsapp. (*it wasnt only zoom, whatsapp videophone call started bugging in the same way).

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Marim0. Thanks for your post. There's no known issue with the sound quality on the Book2 360. However, some of the default settings may require an adjustment to suit your preferences.

Initially, I'd definitely recommend testing the sound on your Book2 360.

To do this, click on Settings > System > Sound > Speakers (this will show as Properties at the top of the file path) > Test (next to Format).

On this section, you can also tweak various sound settings. You can even toggle the Enhance audio option on.

Additionally, I recommend also ensuring that, under the Spatial sound option, you toggle on the setting Dolby Atmos for in-built speakers.

Another setting that will likely have a dramatic impact on the volume from your laptop is to open the standalone Dolby Access app, then click Settings > More Settings (bottom left on the sidebar) then ensure that the option Disable all speaker and headphone effects is toggled off (so that it shows No).

Adjusting these settings should have a very noticeable effect on the sound (volume, clarity and quality) that you get from your Book2 360. 👍

Please let me know how you get on with this.

NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

I have the same exact issue with Zoom on my Samsung Galaxy Book pro, but it works perfect on my other computer.

highly frustrating. 

NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

seems like i have the setting you mention.

sounds works across the board, can watch videos, no problem. only zoom is an issue. the issue gets worse if i open any other app. feels like they are all competing for the speakers? 

whatever it is, it is annoying for a brand new computer. 

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @NaLe111. I'm happy to clarify these. Which particular parts of the instructions are unclear? For instance, are any of the settings I suggested changing not accessible on your laptop?

0 Likes
NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

Paul

I edited my reply to you since in the end i found what you mentioned.  the settings there were all correct. nothing to be found there.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, that's odd, @NaLe111. Thanks for clarifying that you located the settings, however.

Are you only experiencing a sound issue on Zoom, or does it occur on other apps?

0 Likes
NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

yes. like the other person here. all works well, netflix. youtube. songs on different apps, no issue  - just zoom. 

sound goes in and out. hard to hear. then sound cuts of completely. then comes back. then its perfect.... to disappear again

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's a bit mystifying, @NaLe111. Just out of interest, have you raised this with Zoom's Support Team? 

I only ask, as you've mentioned that the sound issue only occurs on Zoom. 

0 Likes
NaLe111
Journeyman
Options

i am the only person of 30 people online right NOW with sound issues .

got my older laptop out, works perfect. it is not zoom.

it is samsung. and i have the same issue as the other person here. if it was zoom it wouldnt work on my older laptop either??!