Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane Odyssey G9 Neo fault

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 06:26 PM)
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Still no statement or comment from Samsung.

12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ouch sorry to hear.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Remarkable... Samsung technical got in touch and stated that the warranty doesn't cover such a blatant issue with an almost brand new device. I have reported several equivalent examples of this flaw that were independently reported on reddit. I am a big advocate of samsung products, they are normally phenomenal, but the customer service/treatment of the consumer in this case leaves a lot to be desired. Shocked that no one from Samsung is responding to this thread.

Mannekino
Apprentice
Options

Hello @odysseyenjoyer I am the  owner of the monitor of the first Reddit topic you linked and just found your topic.

Samsung still hasn't responded to my request to provide me the evidence where they based their decision on to not repair or replace under warranty. It's been over 3 weeks since my first contact with Samsung customer support in The Netherlands. Samsung has the burden of proof according to Dutch consumer law to prove that I caused the defect (this is the case for the factory warranty).

I basically got the same response from Samsung you got. They told me it's due to "external mischief" (literal translation of the Dutch legal term) basically telling me I broke it and they won't fix or replace it under warranty. 

I'm currently sitting in a waiting are of a third part product expert to have the monitor examined and have a report written about the defect. I had to drive 1h30m to get here and I have to pay for this report also. Unacceptable how Samsung has responded to this issue.

My monitor broke on 07-10-2022 so it has been almost a month now.

Where are you located?

Have you gotten anywhere with Samsung?

odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Hi Mannekino,

I purchased through Amazon, and they relay to the manufacturer for initial RMA/repair and whatnot. After sending through images of the fault samsung replied basically saying the same thing they said to you. I would be at fault and responsible for paying for the repair. This is of course unacceptable as the fault literally occurred without any interaction from me at all. Loud cracking noise, and the fault appeared on the screen, running top to bottom. It is clearly a stress fracture due to how it has propagated through the screen...

No joy at all from samsung, but the vendor Amazon just refunded (and arranged collection). 

I sincerely hope you get some kind of satisfaction, as there is likely a serious issue with some of these monitors.

What is shocking is that samsung aren't even responding to the comments on these forums in any fashion, which begs the question... why bother having community forums like this.

Hope all is well with you and yours,

Mannekino
Apprentice
Options

I have no suck luck unfortunately. The online shop where the monitor was purchased originally said they only give 6 months warranty on this product. Since they don't offer repair services they referred me to Samung for the factory warranty.

Samsung tells me this could only have happened due to some external cause (e.g. I broke by handling it incorrectly). My all-risk home insurance policy said it's because of an inherent defect of the monitor and they don't cover such things.

Meanwhile I'm here in the middle, out of pocket the purchasing price of the monitor and a broken monitor.

I also have a business building boutique high-end gaming PCs including full custom loop water cooled PCs and regularly use Samsung products for customers also. One thing is for sure, I won't ever recommend a Samsung product to one of my customers again after this misery.

I'm going to reach out to various online review outlets such as Hardware Unboxed to see if they can somehow help out getting Samsung to change their decision. They are an authority on monitor reviews and have a big reach.

odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Buddy, if you do reach out to hardware unboxed count me in. I'll happily give my opinions on what happened. This isn't an isolated incident. Every one of the reddit threads reports an identical event occurring. I suspect that there might have been a stressed, bad batch, that have an inherent defect that will fail over time.

Mannekino
Apprentice
Options

@odysseyenjoyer I have reached out to them on Twitter. If you could help signal boost my Twitter thread it would be greatly appreciated. Like and re-Tweet or replying with your own experience would help I think.

https://twitter.com/creativestarfox/status/1588239028381442048

odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Done... hopefully this will get some traction.

0 Likes
Olav_Viking
First Poster
Options

My company got me a new G9 Odyssey today. Unpacked it at work with 3 coworkes and the display was cracked out of the box:  Close up G9 Odyssey crack.jpegCracked G9 Odessey.jpeg