Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get replacement for faulty SD card

(Topic created on: 30-07-2023 03:02 AM)
JohnR123
First Poster
Options

I have seen on this website that micro SD cards are covered for 10 years. My 256GB EVO Plus has failed after 18 months.

I am unable to register the device on this website because the serial number is not recognised.

How do you get a replacment????

After much searching I have found someting saying you should return it to the place of purchase. For me this was Argos. I am going to try this but I am sure I will just get blank looks from the person there or they will tell me the standard reply that the guarantee is for 12 months.

Help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
go to your nearest samsung shop or contact argos directly.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JohnR123: If you are having some issues with your Samsung SD card, and require further support, then please contact Hanaro on 0800 023 2697 (international freephone number) or email them at samsungmemory@hanaro.eu, and an advisor will be able to look into this for you.  

0 Likes
JohnR123
First Poster
Options

I've not heard of Samsung shop but did go to Argos. Fortunately I had printed out my receipt, a copy of the page from the Samsung website saying the warranty for SD micro cards is 10 years and also the page saying to return it to place of purchase both of which took me a LONG time to find. The Argos person did the usual thing - 'the warranty is for 1 year and you have had this for 18 months so it is out of warranty' I showed her the documents I had and she checked on their internal website showing it was not a 'serviceable' item. She then contacted her supervisor who went through my story again. Eventually they agreed to swap it for a replacement card. (Argos purchase price was £42.99 - they are now £24.99 - I am sure cheaper elsewhere) I had already bought a Sandisk replacement which is now in my phone so might keep this replacement as a spare.  I have to say the Samsung is a nightmare to navigate to find anything about SD warranty and regsitering for support. I have previously had faulty Corsair memory products and their website is so easy to navigate and get replacements. It is 'almost' as though Samsung want to make it difficult to get a replacement and hope you just give up......

0 Likes