Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Disable My Monitor's Auto Onscreen Display (OSD) Popup?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 03:53 AM)
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying onscreen display (OSD) for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep. It is very large, intrusive and annoying. I don't even understand the use of it. As well as this, it pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and obscures my Windows 10 notifications.

Samsung Monitor OSD.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to disable it?

Thanks...

35 REPLIES 35
Guila64
First Poster
Options

I could fix my problem changing the setting in the monitor from System->Auto Source Switch to On instead Off. Totally counter intuitive but works and I am free from this annoying popup

0 Likes
bidenkoanton
Journeyman
Options

It's great that it helped you, but it didn't help me((( My model LF24T450GYIXCI. BTW, any chances to see a firmware upgrade on their support site?

Dypsis
Explorer
Options

It's not possible to fix it unless Samsung release a firmware update, which they obviously have no intention of doing. It's not confined to just one monitor model. There are numerous models affected by this faulty firmware. The only option is to live with it, or get rid of it.

0 Likes
bidenkoanton
Journeyman
Options

I love your sarcasm, but for me it's not practical to change monitor now. Moreover, i don't think a new monitor wouldn't have some other nasty problems. In the meantime I've set to turn off display after 1 hour and that's how I live with it.

Dypsis
Explorer
Options

The only guarantee that you won't have this same problem again is to not buy another Samsung monitor. I've never seen this on other brands. Have you?

0 Likes
bidenkoanton
Journeyman
Options

My previous monitor was also Samsung, lasted for 15 years and is still working. Of course it didn't have this menu problem. Don't know about other brands, but I don't think I have high chances to buy perfect monitor that suits me and have zero issues. If only I'm lucky. BTW, did you contact Samsung? Yesterday I spoke with their support and they aknowledged that there should be at least an option to turn this sh#t off. They sent feedback to developers and told me to hope wait firmware upgrade)) They said that there are even chances that they would release one)

0 Likes
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

Yes, I spoke to Samsung support, and we went through all the settings together and nothing worked. He put me on hold to check if there was a firmware update, but there wasn't. In the end, he gave up and said he couldn't help me.

Tom Lunar
Apprentice
Options

I emailed the CEO at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/email-the-ceo/ and got a  canned reply.

I also went though a diagnostic session on Samsung tech support chat.  They elevated the issue to their tech support team, and I eventually got this email:

Hello Tom, Greetings from Samsung Technical Support. This email is regarding your concern on your monitor about its OSD that keeps on showing up. We are currently working on this now, and usually, this kinds of issues are resolved by downloading the next firmware update for the unit. Please wait for the update to be released. For further assistance, feel free to reach out to our Samsung Phone Support Team at 1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864. Thank you for contacting Samsung Care.

Dypsis
Explorer
Options

That's sounds like promising news for you, Tom. The only thing is that I'm pretty sure this affects more than one model.

Tom Lunar
Apprentice
Options

When I went through the chat session with tech support, I gave them the URL to this thread to show that I wasn't the only one affected.  I would hope they'd fix more than just my model.  I'll post any updates I get from them.