Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Disable My Monitor's Auto Onscreen Display (OSD) Popup?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 03:53 AM)
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung SF350 27 Inch LED Monitor, and every time I go to the computer after the display has gone to sleep, it pops up an annoying onscreen display (OSD) for about 10 seconds. I don't need it to pop up every time it wakes from sleep. It is very large, intrusive and annoying. I don't even understand the use of it. As well as this, it pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and obscures my Windows 10 notifications.

Samsung Monitor OSD.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to disable it?

Thanks...

34 REPLIES 34
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

Yes, but you have to let people know about the Samsung monitor bug if you are going to sell it.

0 Likes
Tmonk
First Poster
Options

I'm Korean.

This is a really ***** issue.

SS must fix this issue as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

Hi Tmonk.

It's not going to happen, unfortunately.
You've bought a lemon. 😔

0 Likes
agadino
First Poster
Options

Find the Menu button on your Monitor and press and hold your finger on it for 10 seconds. Initially the Menu will appear and after 10 seconds of holding the Menu button, it will disappear. Certain options will now be disbaled and the Menu is locked

0 Likes
Bella331
First Poster
Options

I've tried it and the entire screen flashed (don't know if it's what it was suppose to do). I put the display to sleep and the OSD was still there when the screen woke up.

0 Likes
Dypsis
Explorer
Options

Hi Bella.

I'm sorry to tell you that it cannot be fixed unless Samsung decide to fix it and release a new firmware. I really don't think that is going to happen.

It makes me wonder just how many other Samsung monitors are affected by this bug.
I don't know the answer to that. But to be safe, I would suggest that in the future, you purchase a monitor other than Samsung. The last thing you want is to buy another monitor with the same bug.

0 Likes
quyenvsp
Journeyman
Options

many Samsung monitor has this bug and never got fix. Only way to fix is update firmware, and well, I have waste 2 year before sell it like second hand and buy new Dell monitor. can not happy more, never Samsung again.

0 Likes
BrizzoRay
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but it has been fixed.   In my case I purchased the store's display model and it was set to "Retail mode".   I took it back to the store and they changed the settings to "Home mode" and now the annoying pop-up no longer occurs.

0 Likes
VladT
Student
Options

I also have same problem on A700 display. Please help!

0 Likes
atkalabor
First Poster
Options

I hate this popup menu. Totally unnecessarily annoying! If it really can't be disabled, I'll sell it and buy a usable monitor instead. I'm disappointed in the product because of this! (Samsung F24T350FHR)

0 Likes