Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book 3 360 Cracked Screen

(Topic created on: 11-09-2023 04:18 PM)
K971
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG Galaxy Book3 360 15.6" 2 in 1 Laptop purchased from Currys and delivered 1 August 2023.  

Opened laptop screen at the weekend and turned on to be greeted with a hairline crack all the way from beside the camera downwards (not a straight line). The laptop has not been damaged or dropped.

Discussed with Currys who have pushed me to Samsung and Samsung are pushing ‘product damage’ which is not covered under warranty. I find it absurd that this is happening quite a lot from a quick Google search of ‘galaxy book screen crack’ and product damaged is pushed onto the consumer.

Has anyone had this happen and successfully got the laptop screen repaired by Samsung at no cost to the consumer?

53 REPLIES 53
Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

Hi all! I am back! I am still trying to sort this out!

at the moment seems that even taking the ombudsman complaint route does not solve the issue I am waiting for a final decision but basically, I have already been told that unfortunately there is not enough evidence to prove that this is not physical damage and therefore the outcome cannot be in my favour. I am a bit lost as I am not denying that there is physical damage I am trying to claim when this physical damage has happened and why. The majority of you as myself know that we did not mistreat the laptop which could reasonably result in physical damage. To me clearly is a design fault model, therefore, I am asking if anyone wants to start a group court action against Samsung instead or wants to pursue legal advice, please let me know if you are already doing it because I am 100% in 

0 Likes
DavidT
Journeyman
Options

It’s clearly the right moment as Samsung is one of the main sponsors for the Summer Olympic Games here in Paris…where are the Olympic values here ? How do we start ?

Lallatralalla
Explorer
Options

I never did anything like this so I thought that first step will be just gathering around people first and then act like contacting a lawyer etc... 

I think now what is important is find who is interested to pursue a legal action 

0 Likes