Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book 3 360 Cracked Screen

(Topic created on: 11-09-2023 04:18 PM)
K971
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG Galaxy Book3 360 15.6" 2 in 1 Laptop purchased from Currys and delivered 1 August 2023.  

Opened laptop screen at the weekend and turned on to be greeted with a hairline crack all the way from beside the camera downwards (not a straight line). The laptop has not been damaged or dropped.

Discussed with Currys who have pushed me to Samsung and Samsung are pushing ‘product damage’ which is not covered under warranty. I find it absurd that this is happening quite a lot from a quick Google search of ‘galaxy book screen crack’ and product damaged is pushed onto the consumer.

Has anyone had this happen and successfully got the laptop screen repaired by Samsung at no cost to the consumer?

53 REPLIES 53
M4rk_4T
Student
Options

That's now 3 generations of this laptop that have this issue.  Samsung are blatantly not learning from this! ☹️

0 Likes
fakejorf
First Poster
Options
Im writing this review in hopes it helps people prior to making a purchase

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 4 360 2-in-1 laptop from Currys on February 15th, 2024, along with an additional 3-year Care and Repair package. The laptop has been meticulously cared for and is used exclusively for software applications ( sat on a desk ). I have noticed a hairline crack on the screen that extends from the bottom to the top. This issue has arisen despite the laptop being handled carefully and never experiencing any physical damage.

I would like to highlight that in my 15 years of owning various laptops, I have never encountered a screen crack, especially not on a flagship model such as this.
This further emphasizes that the current issue with the screen is likely due to a manufacturing or design flaw rather than user mishandling.

After speaking with both Curry's and Samsung, They accept no responsibility under warranty and claim it is product damage even though this forum suggests otherwise along with pictures and videos showing an as new condition laptop.

Its such a shame as the laptop is fantastic, only to be ruined by a screen defect.
Imagine paying £2000 for a laptop only to have it crack randomly, and the manufacturer accept no responsibility and having to pay for a new screen after less than 2 months of ownership.

Quite frankly embarrassing, My other laptops have lasted on average around 4 years, and never once had any screen damage.
Samsung support ensure this laptop is made from the most durable materials, its a shame the screen is made of chocolate
0 Likes
KevinMiller81
Apprentice
Options

It really demonstrates their attitude that this has now been going on over three generations of these laptops. 

0 Likes
Solarguy
Journeyman
Options
Update: I have now sent in my 14 day letter as per consumer rights Act 2015 . Curry's replied 27 days later trying to dismiss my claim as due to excessive force not design fault (unfit for purpose). I have responded with my 14 days warning that court action is next although I have let them know that I will enter into mediation with them. We have two laptops that we bought together and the same has happened to both.
Watch this space!
0 Likes
Solarguy
Journeyman
Options
I recommend you use the Conumer Rights Act 2015, template letters can be found on Money Saving Expert or Citizens advice. I have just sent my Letter Before Action. We bought two of the Gen 2s, hairline fractures on both in months of general use. I will update on here.........
0 Likes
fakejorf
First Poster
Options
I really need to do this as I now have both sides cracked from both hinges all the way up after opening it up from Friday.
The quality of the screen is shocking.
YouTube and this are full of the same problem
0 Likes
StephenD3
First Poster
Options

Same for me on my Book 3 360. No dropping or damage, but this morning there are several cracks across the screen. Great laptop, but this screen cracking is disgraceful quality.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

The Samsung Book laptop's shockingly fragile screen has left me deeply dissatisfied. Despite widespread complaints, Samsung refuses to acknowledge the issue and expects hundreds customers to foot the bill for replacements. This behavior is unacceptable. Consequently, I am not only refusing to purchase any other Samsung products but also actively discouraging my colleagues from doing so. My cracked laptop serves as a potent warning against Samsung's products.

0 Likes
DavidT
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your precious feedback. I've changed their logo...Samsung logo III.png

0 Likes
nicosaboti
First Poster
Options

I experienced the exact same issue with the same laptop model, which I purchased in August 2023 in Argentina. Like you, I've found Samsung's response to be disappointing and lacking in respect for the customer.

Upon opening my laptop screen, I discovered a hairline crack, despite the device never having been damaged or dropped. However, Samsung has categorically dismissed the issue as "product damage," refusing to acknowledge it as a manufacturing defect covered under warranty.

It's disheartening to see that many other users are facing the same problem, yet Samsung continues to push the responsibility onto consumers. This lack of accountability and poor customer support reflects poorly on Samsung's reputation.

I share your concerns about the quality and reliability of Samsung products compared to alternatives like Mac. It's unacceptable to invest in a high-priced device only to encounter such issues, with no support from the manufacturer.

Has anyone found a successful resolution to this issue and managed to get their laptop screen repaired by Samsung at no cost?

0 Likes