Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book 3 360 Cracked Screen

(Topic created on: 11-09-2023 04:18 PM)
K971
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG Galaxy Book3 360 15.6" 2 in 1 Laptop purchased from Currys and delivered 1 August 2023.  

Opened laptop screen at the weekend and turned on to be greeted with a hairline crack all the way from beside the camera downwards (not a straight line). The laptop has not been damaged or dropped.

Discussed with Currys who have pushed me to Samsung and Samsung are pushing ‘product damage’ which is not covered under warranty. I find it absurd that this is happening quite a lot from a quick Google search of ‘galaxy book screen crack’ and product damaged is pushed onto the consumer.

Has anyone had this happen and successfully got the laptop screen repaired by Samsung at no cost to the consumer?

46 REPLIES 46
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @K971 

Did you manage to get this sorted out?

0 Likes
Members_UCco3sL
First Poster
Options

It has happened to me too - it happened as i opened the laptop on the left side of the screen. Curry's dont want anything to do with it.

Any luck with Samsung?

0 Likes
K971
First Poster
Options

No luck with Samsung, they take no liability unfortunately.  I actually got a decent agent on the phone at Currys and without even trying to complain they offered an exchange of the product. I made sure they were aware it had a cracked screen and they weren’t fussed and said it was within the 12 months warranty so all good. DPD picked it up next day and I had a replacement within 4 days however I just arranged another return for the exchange to get a refund as I’ve decided I don’t want the fuss of worrying about cracking the screen.  Will look at different laptops shortly! Definitely left a bad taste with Samsung laptops but grateful for Currys, make sure you speak to them on the phone and not webchat as the call agents have more scope to resolve!  

Members_UCco3sL
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your help on this - i'll definitely get on to that with Curry's. Really can not enjoy the laptop with a broken screen

0 Likes
Members_UCco3sL
First Poster
Options

Neither Samsung nor Currys appear to want to take any liability for the cracked screen. I honestly only open and close this laptop at home as it is mainly for home use.

Looks like i may have to get it repaired and get stick it out with this product. Completely put off by the brand now and unfortunately after many years of phones and laptops I may have to move away from this brand in the future

0 Likes
KevinMiller81
Apprentice
Options

I have this problem too, Samsung were useless. Can't quite believe how easily it cracked. I just closed the screen and the crack was on the rhs when I opened it. I am actually dumbfounded that they don't simply swap the thing and say sorry. Have to bring it to Currys now and am told there is a 9 day turnaround and they have to 'inspect' it.

0 Likes
Members_ZpWwKFm
First Poster
Options

Can't believe that this is happening.  We just noticed a crack on our laptop's screen as well.  Same as someone was describing previously.  From under the camera going towards the right.  A fine line. We will try to contact Samsung. It seems that this is definitely a fault with this product. We haven't dropped it.  I haven't even had it for a long time. It's concerning as I paid a lot of money for it. 😞

0 Likes
Tzyven
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. with a Galaxybook 360.  Set it down, closed the book and CRACK.  I saw no debris . 

Nothing resolved.

0 Likes
Jeff1247
First Poster
Options

I just had the same experience, no damage and screen just cracked from top to bottom.  Samsung service said it isn’t covered and wants $500 to fix it.  No way, this is a design defect and will be my last Samsung purchase unless they make it right.

0 Likes