Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2020 03:54 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Jason from China,can you please for me clean dust under your TV and from your Samsung woofer ? It is not hard,belive me.. Thank you... :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Chebattler
Explorer
Options

Please, confirm if EARC is now available, I mean if I would have got soundbar I would immediately start firmware update and test. 

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

Hi all

No new update has been released anywhere in the world, just checked all Samsung websites (FR, UK, US, CN) and none of them have a new firmware available.

Also Stephen Withers mentioned Samsung was planning on updating in May, this was before COVID 19 crisis, so I wouldn't expect anything new before May or even later...

0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

SuissoNaBisso
But how you can explain this photo?Снимок.JPG

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Just error on soundbar.. 

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

@akotlyrov wrote:

SuissoNaBisso

No idea why this "EAR" appeared on the screen, but the description he shared also clearly demonstrate no eARC update was done. And to be honest this photo doesn't prove anything, this could a lot of word showing up here while not being "EARC" like...REAR LEVEL for example, just taking the pic at the right moment and there you are.

So no I don't think any eARC update has been released so far anywhere in the world !

0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Lol when you take a closer look at the picture you can see that the "R" at the beggining or "(R)EAR" text is coverd with a black mark, problably done in MS Paint. Who would even believe such a primitive joke?

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

picture.png

0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

@akotlyrov wrote:

SuissoNaBisso

LMAO, this is when we should post "seen a few photoshops in my life" meme. SMH, why would someone even lie about this?

0 Likes