Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The HW-Q950T does not support Atmos in games either via direct connection or via eARC.

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 12:23 PM)
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Hello, the title says it all.

I have an HW-Q950T. I have tested this also in my HW-N950 and a friend's HW-Q90R, on the same equipment.

Connecting my GTX 1070 directly to the HDMI 1 of the bar, I do not get Dolby Atmos in any Windows Atmos game I have tested (and they all worked fine with the HW-N950 and the HW-Q90R).

Windows Spatial Audio uses Dolby MAT, which is height metadata over multichannel PCM.

This 1.500 euro soundbar does not support multi-channel PCM, and it is therefore impossible to get Atmos in Windows games.

When connected via eARC, if the TV does a passthrough, the TV recognizes Atmos just fine, but the soundbar either will not play Atmos, or nothing at all. The only way to get Atmos is to connect via eARC and have my TV transcode which induces delay.

This is terrible. You are advertising the surround capability of this bar with game consoles and even claim HDMI 2.1!!!

The thing below says to enjoy surround sound with the Xbox and the Switch. The Switch can only work with Stereo with this bar and the Xbox cannot send Atmos game content to it.

PrMinisterGR_0-1603013033142.png

This is where it claims to have HDMI 2.1

PrMinisterGR_1-1603013120593.png

Please report this to your engineering team. It's a disgrace. Models from three years ago could do this.

22 REPLIES 22
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Nothing at all (again)?

I guess I'm the ***** for keeping buying Samsung products.

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

No replies from Samsung?

I also discovered that Atmos over Dolby MAT doesn't work at all, which means that Windows games with Atmos cannot work.

I have NO WORDS.

0 Likes
danisan
Journeyman
Options

Is there someone from Samsung in this forum? Or just users? If so, they could at least let us know if they are looking into this or we're just being ignored.

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

It seems it's like a well were we can scream without anyone replying.

0 Likes
danisan
Journeyman
Options

Perhaps a mod like @AndrewL can shed some light on this?

0 Likes
Syrixiya
Journeyman
Options

Come on Samsung!! LPCM should be standard on a £1500 sound system.  Support for this and a couple of bug fixes is stopping this from being an exceptional soundbar.  The Q90R has support for this format so there's no excuse really.

rickyrickuk
Apprentice
Options

I agree with Syrixiya, if Samsung can sort these few issues via a firmware update - this would be a top soundbar. As it stands its not worth the money (even with the 50% cashback!)

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

It's really annoying that nobody is replying. The even more annoying part is if they fix this and we should be greatful while things like HDMI 2.1 support are currently not working, while being on the spec sheet.

PrMinisterGR_0-1604520373745.png

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

The PS5 is released. It only supports multi-channel audio via the DTS/DD+ encoder with this bar. This means (like with the PS4/Pro), we cannot get lag-free lossless audio with a supposed HDMI 2.1 product.