Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar S61A Alexa-Spotify problem

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 09:50 AM)
Darko Bosnar
Apprentice
Options

I buy Samsung soundbar s61A just because ALEXA-Spotify feature and it's not working. I spent hours and hours for making it work. And it still not working. I register in Smart things app, Alexa app. Connect everything. But it don't work when I want to play music from spotify with Alexa voice comand. It just say: spotify is not supported on this device. 

Of course it work normaly when I play Spotifay from app, but with voice control - NO.

In Spotify help center I found that my soundbar is listed as suported (just SONOS), but in devices instruction it say it work with Spotify.

Does anybody have this s61A soundbar with Alexa/Spotify working??

Can somebody help me please,  because otherwise I think I will return soundbar to shop.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
brandmartyr
First Poster
Options

Hi. I've had the same problem having bought 2 of these soundbars for my teenage kids. I've finally managed to get Spotify Connect to work. I think you have to make sure you are on the wireless source input for Spotify to work. It may take a few seconds to find the connect signal. Good luck.

Maudsley
First Poster
Options

I have just set up my S61a. Playing music via the app works on the soundbar. But I am having the same issue. Asking to play music via Alexa. Spotify is not supported on this device. 

Darko Bosnar
Apprentice
Options

very frustrating.

0 Likes
Darko Bosnar
Apprentice
Options

I really hope they will make some update to solve this problem.

0 Likes
Darko Bosnar
Apprentice
Options

Still no answer from Samsung?

Chris M
Apprentice
Options

I would also like an update. Will the Alexa spotify integration be fixed?

0 Likes
RaviPatel_96
First Poster
Options

Same problem with device 

Soundbar Lifestyle Design 5.0Ch S61A

0 Likes
RaviPatel_96
First Poster
Options

what does mean wireless source input for Spotify

0 Likes