Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q930C won’t stop playing music

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 08:20 AM)
Knucklehead 2023
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have Samsung Q930C Soundbar and I have a strange problem that after I have had random music playing from Spotify for example I am unable to get the music to stop playing using the Alexa command, all it does is skip to another song.   I am able to stop it playing by going into SmartThings and pressing pause or using the remote but as soon as I say Alexa music immediately starts playing again. Also if I have been watching tv with audio coming through the bar and then later on ask Alexa a question, music starts playing just because I have said the wake word ‘Alexa’ and won’t stop.  The device is on the latest firmware and this morning I have just reset it and started again and the problem is still there.  There doesn’t appear to be an option anywhere in the SmartThings app or the Alexa app to change a setting for this.  Has anyone else had this issue ?  I like the sound bar but if this can’t be fixed I Will have to return. 
Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13
Knucklehead 2023
Explorer
Options

You could also try disabling the Spotify skill in Alexa app

0 Likes
CitizenH
First Poster
Options

Any solution yet? Just got the Q930C yesterday, and at 3am it just started playing music. And every single time I say Alexa it starts playing music. Like WTH??

0 Likes
ChaoticMike
First Poster
Options
Getting on my nerves, too! If you turn off the sound bar's microphone, that works, but it also disables Spacefit sound tuning. Grrr.
0 Likes
Members_26pdbOR
Journeyman
Options

Samsung's implementation of Alex in its soundbars is absolutely useless. I'm a systems design consultant with massive international blue-chip software design experience, and my professional opinion of Samsung has taken a huge nose-dive with their handling of getting this implementation fixed. It is unusable and Samsung should be paying compensation for Fraudulently selling Alexa capabilities. 

0 Likes