Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800t auto power down not working

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 10:34 AM)
rogigor
Student
Options

Hi,

My q800t soundbar is supposed to automatically go into standby mode when there's no signal for 18 minutes. The problem is that sometimes it does turn off automatically and sometimes it doesn't and it just stays ON all the time.

It turns on and off with the tv as is it should, however when I connect via WiFi to play music from spotify from my phone and disconnect when I'm done it is a lottery whether it'll turn off after 18 minutes or not. Most of the times it stays on.

Is there a fix for that ? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

When you have finished streaming your soundbar may still be connected to your wifi network so doesn't switch off. I'm making assumptions here as I don't fully know what your set up is.

0 Likes
rogigor
Student
Options

My setup is Q800T + SWA-9000S rears. Soundbar connected to my tv (lg b9) via hdmi eARC. 

I was thinking the same thing, but it is connected to wifi all the time and does not disconnect from wifi after streaming. I don't thing that's it because sometimes it turns off after 18 miners and sometimes it doesn't. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What happens if you turn off WiFi on your router? I'm beginning to think the bar doesn't always recognise when your phone exits from streaming.
0 Likes
rogigor
Student
Options

I tried turning of my router and it didn't change anything - it still wouldn't go to standby mode automatically.

I then changed my my soundbar's wifi connection from 5ghz to 2.4ghz and it worked 4 times in a row, meaning it went to standby mode after 18 minutes of no signal. Each time after stopping streaming I would close spotify and smartthings app. The 5th time I only closed spotify but left smartthing app working in background and the soundbar wouldn't turn off automatically. I closed it but auto power down wouldn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure it's a software issue. Maybe it's connected to the smartthings app, maybe it's just soundbar's software that randomly doesn't run auto power down as it should. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, I'm in agreement. Must admit I'm not a fan of Smart Things. I use Bluetooth to stream to my soundbar.
0 Likes