Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R unable setup wifi

(Topic created on: 14-04-2020 07:23 PM)
Matthewwtaylor
First Poster
Options

Have had soundbar for some weeks, however having no joy what so ever in getting it connected to WiFi. Using the smart things app. It see the soundbar, however keeping getting message unable to connect and stops at 38%. Help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Ericb1987
First Poster
Options

Try this..worked for me. On smart things app go to "directly connected devices" and likely your soundbar is there.. select it and unpair..then select delete device.

Then go back and try add the device as before and you should get passed the 39%! 

Worked for me.

0 Likes
Piusmon
First Poster
Options

That fixed mine. The funny part is that the Samsung care doesn’t know this information. Thank You Brother.

0 Likes
DerKimch
First Poster
Options

I found a rather dirty solution for my HW-N950, which stopped at 99%. In the wlan-router I found device with an ip address totally different from my usual local Networkaddresses. The Mac-ID was the one for the soundbar. I then defined in the DHCP part of the router a suitable IP4 address for that mac. Et Voila - the soundbar now has a local ip address and can phone home.

I guess that it is working now in network mode instead of adhoc.

0 Likes
strat10
First Poster
Options

Make sure your soundbar is connected to your phone via bluetooth before adding it to Smarter things app

0 Likes
Duncs
First Poster
Options
had same issue for weeks not connecting to WiFi, tried what you did,and immediately connected, thanks 👍.
0 Likes
perttus
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue and I finally managed to connect the Soundbar with SmartThings Android app by manually adding Microphone permissions for the app. I didn't prompt it at all, only Location was allowed before.

0 Likes
richardlufc
First Poster
Options
well done 👍 it also works on the q90r it was doing me brain in till I read this post thanks
0 Likes
Algernop
First Poster
Options

Were is this is this option to view directly connected devices? can't find it anywhere.

0 Likes