Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Soundbars Low subwoofer with 1012.6 Firmware

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 08:25 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,
the bass on the subwoofer has significantly dialed down when playing any content, from stereo to 5.1 to atmos, you don't feel the typical home theatre effect. I also did soundbar sound test and subwoofer is really low, are you experiencing the same issue? (sub level is on +6) I specify that I don't like to have subwoofer too loud, but in my case is extremely too low.

thank you

59 REPLIES 59
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

I got the same problem with 1012.6 firmware on my Q90R soundbar,and is there any solution to downgrade the firmware to the previous one? 

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

All the users who update the firmware to 1012.6 are suffering the absence of  subwoofer.

I hope Samsung to release a new firmware to fix this bug

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

go-go-go-go-go

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

I contacted Samsung. They said that firmware cannot be rolled back (which i have hard time believing) .

The proposed solution was the default 'Send the soundbar for repair'. Very disappointed

Soussi
Journeyman
Options

i updated via usb and it was an improvement. Check the list on previous topic to see if you have it all updated

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/1012-6-firmware-update-for-hw-q90r-soundbar/td-p/231...

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@Levstyle wrote:

All the users who update the firmware to 1012.6 are suffering the absence of  subwoofer.

I hope Samsung to release a new firmware to fix this bug

This is fake news.

This firmware has been released back in October 2020 and most people are especially satisfied with it because it IMPROVES the performance of the soundbar, with particular regards to the rear speaker volume levels. See https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/1012-6-firmware-update-for-hw-q90r-soundbar/m-p/3208... for an old discussion about it.

I myself have no problem at all with the subwoofer, while I can confirm the better overall performance of the soundbar.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@mauromol all other improvements from the link i can confirm too. The only downside is the low bass volume.  Maybe in your case it all works well, but certainly in mine (simmilar to others in this thread) the bass level has worsened. 

TurkAngora
Journeyman
Options

This is not fake news. I would definitely concur that the subwoofer has gone mostly absent after the 1012.6 update. Rear sound level has improved. But apparently at the cost of the sub. This was not an agreed upon trade and Samsung should correct. It shouldn't be a difficult task nor an unreasonable request for a top end system.

Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Buyers beware this is no joke!! This new firmware has corrupted the Q90r subwoofer, so drastically, that it now sounds like I bought this  $1500 unit for my grandma, and plays it like she lives above the church she attends every Sunday while she's watching 2nd graders as they are on nap time....THAT is how loud this sub is now.... Samsung.. Fix what you obviously now know or have known about. As a long time customer and supporter to your products.. Do it for the people who are supportive to your products... This is a big disappointment.