Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q80R - VIRTUAL Speaker function???

(Topic created on: 03/01/20 17:00)
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Can anyone shed any light on what the VIRTUAL Speaker function does in the SURROUND setting on the HW-Q80R?

Is it simply a case that any anything in stereo is effectively upmixed to also output to additional speakers?

I don't have additional rear speakers connected and simply the bar itself.

Cheers!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Audio & Video

Hi @MrTest 

The Virtual Speaker function is for use with Surround Speakers. You can find more info on this on page 29 of the user manual here.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Options
Audio & Video

Hi @MrTest 

The Virtual Speaker function is for use with Surround Speakers. You can find more info on this on page 29 of the user manual here.

View solution in context

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Sorry, but the reference to page 29 does not explain anything about what the "feature" actually does.  I can't tell any difference with it on or off and I do have the rear speakers.

0 Likes
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

I searched for more explanation on this function myself and I found that 'Virtual speaker' creates 'virtual surround' so simulate rear speakers for people who don't have rears. Still I think it is strange that this function is available on my HW Q90R with rears..

0 Likes
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

This is why I was a little confused in the first place as I thought it would be similating in some way surround content to the other channels / speakers (setups with no rear speakers)

Manual states: 

If Surround Speakers are connected, select REAR LEVEL and then use the Up/Down
buttons to adjust the volume within a -6 to +6 range. The VIRTUAL Speaker function
can be turned ON/OFF by using the Up/Down buttons.

So, if this does nothing with the surround speakers (as noted by @Leapfrog). 

Yeah, would be good to understand what this does...