Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa on the HW-S60A Soundbar.

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 12:57 PM)
rikc1975
Apprentice
Options

One of the features of the soundbar that is claimed is that you can take control of it, hands free, via the built in Alexa.

I have linked my Alexa account in the SmartThingsApp and it does work if I hold down on the multi-function button for 3 seconds and voice a command.  However, Alexa does not work when I send a voice command to the speaker without touching the multi function button. Nothing happens.  It doesn't even appear to be listening.  The mic is switched on.

Has anyone else come across this? Tried Samsung support but they couldn't resolve it. 

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Members_BFQBJFo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I have tried everything I can think of. Very frustrated.

0 Likes
ValentinN
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have the same problem, did you solve it ?

0 Likes
rvwols
Student
Options

I also have this problem. Amazon Echo is always listening. Sonos is always listening. The Samsung Soundbar seems to listen only if you press a button. This imho is not voice control… 😅 Samsung, please make it always listening like Amazon Echo or Sonos. Or make an option to switch it on.

0 Likes
rikc1975
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

Never resolved it unfortunately. Hoping that someone from Samsung reads these pages and acknowledges that there is an issue here that they need to address.

Rich

0 Likes
rikc1975
Apprentice
Options

Just noticed these disclaimers on the specs page for the soundbar.  Looks like you're not guaranteed the feature despite it being one of the key selling points. 

* This service availability may vary by region/service provider/language.
* Actual user experience may vary.
* Amazon, Alexa, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

0 Likes
Members_ph5LPb1
First Poster
Options

Hi , I have just deleted my s60a soundbar from smart things and also reset it and now my alexa control is definatly hand free

0 Likes
rikc1975
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing this. I'll give it a go.

👍

0 Likes
Members_ph5LPb1
First Poster
Options

I can't remember exactly what I done.

Deleted the bar from Smart things and Alexa then reset the bar  by holding down + and - for 5 seconds , then installed bar back to Smart things and Alexa. then it just worked. 

Hope you have success.

0 Likes