Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q70R Connection Issues

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 10:00 AM)
JimmyG
Student
Options

Hi everyone.  Apologies if this has already been covered in a thread but promise I've looked!  Just bought a Q90R QLED TV and a HW-70R Soundbar.  Having seen the various reports of Samung apps not working with Atmos, my primary objective is to use Sky Q (2TB) as my main source.  

I've currently set it up so that the Sky Q HDMI out connects to the Soundbar HDMI In, then the HDMI (ARC Out) connects to the HDMI (ARC In) on the One Connect box.  This seemed to work fine..... The TV said that it recognised that a Dolby Atmos device had been connected and the picture and sound was all in sync.  Problem is that every 20 or 30 seconds, the picture and sound go off for a couple of seconds and then reappears.  Would anybody be able to tell me if this is because I've set the cables up wrong or if its likely to be a problem with the cables itself?  I've seen lots of diagrams with connections straight from soundbar to the TV but not with the One Connect box inbetween.  Must admit I'm a complete novice with this type of thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.  I've resorted to removing the soundbar connection altogether at the moment.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JimmyG
Student
Options

Hi Tess,

All sorted thanks.  Turned out to be a problem with one of the HDMI cables which I've replaced.  Cross fingers everything is working fine now.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @JimmyG ,

do you have any other devices connected in the same way to the TV or are you able to test a different one? 

0 Likes
Solution
JimmyG
Student
Options

Hi Tess,

All sorted thanks.  Turned out to be a problem with one of the HDMI cables which I've replaced.  Cross fingers everything is working fine now.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Happy to hear that! Hopefully this won't be back, however, if it does send us a new message. 

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

I purchased a 49" Curved tv model no UN49NU6300F and using the HW-Q70R soundbar with the rear speakers.

The problem I am having is when I first connected the soundbar to ARC on the TV it workd fine, but the next day I would not get the soundbar to work as if it lost the connection to the ARC. When I look at the seeting it shows soundbar connected and see the graph showing as if it's working but no sound coming through. I have these connected to the TV:

1. Soundbar ARC to TV ARC

2. Blueray connected to the soundbar HDMI

3. PC to HDMI

4. Cablebox connected to HDMI

If I unplug everything and poweroff the TV and soundbar and replug it in, it does display TV ARC on the soundbar, but when I power off the next day I will get no sound and it only show DIN.

If I use the optical cable, everything works fine but I wont get Atmos (I am not sure if I do get Atmos with the TV ARC when it was functioning)

Why do I lose the ARC connection?

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

Just to let everyone know, I solved the problem.

It was the TV box that was causing the problem. I just changed the the box to a 4k PVR and now everything is working fine!

Best way to solve the porblem is to try every device to make sure it is working properly individualy.

0 Likes