Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

all speakers started power cycling on friday the 7th

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 01:33 PM)
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday we noticed that our soundbar downstairs was power cycling and would not stop and when I came upstairs the one up there was doing the same thing.  I managed to rest them and they are working but now my 360 R7 speakers are doing it too and I can't get them to reset.  Anyone know what to do?  All the speakers were Samsung.  Does anyone know if they did some sort of update yesterday?

131 REPLIES 131
TomG3
Apprentice
Options

Thanks to everyone for the workarounds. I’m not technically savvy to carry them out unfortunately. Isn’t the onus here on Samsung to fix the problem though and not us? Clearly they’ve done something that’s stopped all our speakers functioning at the same time. I’ll pick up the phone and start shouting at people when I get the chance. Just wondered if anyone has had a useful response from them already?

0 Likes
TimR123
Explorer
Options

Based on the posts so far, either Samsung Tech support doesn't understand the issue or doesn't want to admit it's their fault.

My biggest concern is that Samsung will walk away from this and claim that they are obsolete products and therefore no longer supported. I haven't read it all but there are many disclaimers in the Terms and Conditions of the Samsung MultiRoom app excluding them from any liability if things stop working.

Purely conjecture, but my suspicion is they've closed down a cloud server that they used to provide software updates from and the lack of a connection then throws the speaker into the loop as it keeps trying to connect but gets no response.

If this is the case then unless it's been shut down by accident and can be reinstated once they realise/acknowledge the issue then nothing is going to improve.

Members_zNiBXg0
Journeyman
Options

I've raised a support call, I'd suggest everyone does the same, (the power of many!).  I doubt whether they will look at this post.  This is a pretty big issue for me, and I suspect many others.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/contact3/

0 Likes
Mcrumpto
Journeyman
Options

Interestingly if you try to log a support call against a service, multiroom does not appear in the list!

0 Likes
TomG3
Apprentice
Options

I’ve called them. It was a frustrating experience. They’ve told me to download the latest firmware to a flash drive and plug that in ( via the mini usb on the bottom of the speakers I presume). I will look into doing that but I didn’t get the impression they understood the problem or the extent of it. The fact they kept referring to my television ( in a conversation about speakers) didn’t reassure me.

0 Likes
Stu44
Student
Options

I have R6, R3 and R Lite speakers with the same issue. Managed to hard reset the R3 and Lite via holding both volume buttons. Both now connect fine via Bluetooth, but not tried reconnecting to my WiFi in case the same issue occurs.

I can't seem to reset the R6 via the same method. It's like there isn't enough time in the power-up/power down cycle to do so. Having read this thread, I'll try turning off my router, powering up the R6, then trying to hard reset again......

0 Likes
TimR123
Explorer
Options

did they give any indication on what the latest firmware versions are? I've checked the remaining speakers that currently are still working correctly and they all match the same version of firmware that the ones that are looping...

I'm still unconvinced that it's a firmware issue and believe it's more likely to be an upgrade server no longer being connected .

Please let us know how you get on with the download and local upgrade approach.

0 Likes
Gerben84
Journeyman
Options

i have the same bootloop issues as mentioned 
i have a hw-k950 soundbar and from saturday the 8th of juli it started
the workaround of denied internet acces works, but i cant figure out how to reset the unit.
as long as i don't give it acces to the internet it will work except the streaming options.
as soon as i give it acces again, it wil go to bootloop.

i still havent figured out how to factory reset the system, and to reconnect the sytem like a fresh system.

i'm from the netherland's so it's clearly a worlwide error on samsungs systems and not of our systems.
hope the will release a workaround for it in the near future but i doubt it

0 Likes
TimR123
Explorer
Options

Current version of firmware for the M5 shown on the UK support site is 3117.1 dated May 12th 2018

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/WAM550/XN/

all of my speakers are already on 3117.1 / 87R so I'd be very surprised if local upgrade via USB makes any difference.

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

You do not need to reset . Download advanced Ip address scanner on your computer. Run the scan to detect all active devices on your network. Look for the entry named Samsung electronics  and block this IP

Loveall27_0-1688998652024.png