Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 08:11 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options

Any info regarding the Q2019 TVs eARC update?

0 Likes
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options

I had a not quite, but similar issue with my Q90R, connected to my new LG CX TV.  After a bit of trial and error and switching HDMI-CEC (SimpLink on LG TV's) off and back on, as well as the e-ARC toggle, I finally got everything synced back up!

0 Likes
zhirandell
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have problem after update 1007.9 to 1010.5 (smartthings). My subwoofer is very quiet after this update, I bearly hear it. Settings are the same as previous.

Numbers are correct W 0240. Any advise ?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all, noticed a few posts back some not so nice things being said, can we all be nice to each other? I understand sometimes things get frustrating, but let's all treat each other the way we expect to be treated ourselves.
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

Try search the internet, you will find some test tones for 7.1.4 systems. If i find the link i will post it here.

0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

Maybe you want to try that link: http://www.hdclub.ua/avpedia/videos/dolby-atmos-demo-test/

There are several test tones for every configuration (including Q90R's 7.1.4) in mp4 format. 

xxhbxx
First Poster
Options
Hello, I have updated the hw-q90r, all is ok. Now I make the connections. My tv is a samsung 65q950r. I plugged in a mibox3 on an hdmi port of the one connect box. Then plugged in hdmi arc from the tv to hdmi arc from the soundbar. when i watch tv the soundbar works. When I start a movie from the mibox no sound on the soundbar but works on the TV. I do not know what to do
0 Likes
xxhbxx
First Poster
Options
Hello, I have updated the hw-q90r, all is ok. Now I make the connections. My tv is a samsung 65q950r. I plugged in a mibox3 on an hdmi port of the one connect box. Then plugged in hdmi arc from the tv to hdmi arc from the soundbar. when i watch tv the soundbar works. When I start a movie from the mibox no sound on the soundbar but works on the TV. I do not know what to do
0 Likes
DjK4Yahweh
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the link!
Should i access that link via my TV's browser or are there other ways?
0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

They are in mp4 format. I suggest downloading the file you want  from the site and play it from a device that is connected with your TV or soundbar with Hdmi, like an nvidia shield.