Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 03:34 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@AntS wrote:
Different firmware is due to the hardware differences between the Q90R and Q80R systems. Five wireless channels on one, three wireless channels on the other.

I always thought that Q80R and Q90R are technically the same and the only difference are 2 rear speakers.

So does it mean that buying extra rear speakers for Q80R won't make it exackly the same as Q90R?

What do you mean by 3 and 5 wireless channels? And finally, Subwoofer is suppose to be the same so why it also has different firmware (0033.0 vs 0136.0)?

Why some Q90R owners have "W" - 0240.0 and others 0241.0 or even 0242.0?

Thanks!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
DjK4Yahweh
Explorer
Options
Hi. I noticed during the test tone procedure it plays sound through the rear speakers as one channel instead of from left to right separately.
is this normal?
0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Yes, the same happens with my speakers too. They send one tone, the same tone for both rear speakers, as they are just one speaker. There are 4 rear speakers, 2 down 2 top, and they are treated as one. This is NOT how a test tone should behave. But that is how it is designed by Samsung, it is not our systems flaw.

jbdred
Journeyman
Options

@johnGR wrote:

Yes, the same happens with my speakers too. They send one tone, the same tone for both rear speakers, as they are just one speaker. There are 4 rear speakers, 2 down 2 top, and they are treated as one. This is NOT how a test tone should behave. But that is how it is designed by Samsung, it is not our systems flaw.

how do you play test tones? Is this new to the new firmware?  I have never seen that option.  I also do not really see offical release notes for the firmware.

johnGR
Pioneer
Options

With soundbar turned off, you keep pressed the button "sound mode".

Pegase
First Poster
Options

Bonjour

Pour information j'ai tous les mêmes chiffres que vous sauf les le sub woofer 02242.0.

0 Likes
DjK4Yahweh
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply!

Can you tell me if the rear speakers and the top rear speakers work independently to each other, like a true 7.1.4 system?

Have not yet had any material so be able to test it with. I did try a dolby atmos and DTS X YouTube video but still couldn't make out if it was working correctly.

0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. Those test tones are messed up. You should be able to manually cycle through the channels so you actually make adjustments and the rear is just all kinds.of messed up. There should be 4 tones for the rear.

0 Likes
Pegase
First Poster
Options

Bonjour

Oui.

Tout fonctionne super bien selon la piste audio décodé.

J'ai la sound barre q90r 7.1.4.

Mais pour en profiter un max c'est le dolby atmos qui est vraiment extraordinaire 

Même les pistes dolby digital et dolby digital plus sont superbement retransmise.

Seul point étrange , les effets de hauteur sont inexistants.

0 Likes
Pegase
First Poster
Options
Tout fonctionne indépendamment.
0 Likes