Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 09:45 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

Go to solution
126 REPLIES 126
Nienjul
First Poster
Options
How do I fix this issue then? Surely I dont have to reset my phone every time if this ever happens again? I cant log in because I shut down my phone & then started it before this began. My biometrics dont work now.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@Nienjul: You can pop into any one of our approved Support Centres for an inspection if your phone doesn't recognise your pin or biometrics after you've reset it. If you're based in the UK, you can find the closest here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Nienjul  schrieb:
How do I fix this issue then? Surely I dont have to reset my phone every time if this ever happens again? I cant log in because I shut down my phone & then started it before this began. My biometrics dont work now.

You should be able to force a reboot with Vol- and Pow. Then you can enter the recovery mode and do a factory reset.

0 Likes
Robdog1
First Poster
Options

I also had this problem occur today and the hard restart suggested has worked.

Unable to contact Samsung via LiveChat or Email, so I'm glad someone on this forum offered a fix.

Would be interested to know why this occurred though...

0 Likes
skumar-r
Apprentice
Options

Hope your issue has been resolved by trying the Hard Restart.

:handshake:

0 Likes
net_1
First Poster
Options

Hi. 

I have been on a cruise and my PIN stopped working. Unfortunately, I used all my attempts and my phone said it was erasing all data and now asks me to do a factory reset. Can I stop the factory reset, restore my data? Will I need a new PIN?

Net_1

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@net_1 wrote:

Hi. 

I have been on a cruise and my PIN stopped working. Unfortunately, I used all my attempts and my phone said it was erasing all data and now asks me to do a factory reset. Can I stop the factory reset, restore my data? Will I need a new PIN?

Net_1

Already forced a shutdown and reboot with "Volume -" and "Power" ?

0 Likes
skumar-r
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

When I was encountered the PIN issue, it didn't show me that, system will erase all my data. Have you tried the hard restart steps?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@skumar-r wrote:

Hi,

When I was encountered the PIN issue, it didn't show me that, system will erase all my data. Have you tried the hard restart steps?

When the phone is up and running and you press Vol- Pow, then it will shutdown and reboot. When the phone is down and you press these two keys it will start in safe mode. When the phone is down and you press Vol+ Pow [Bixby if available] it will start in recovery mode. From the recovery mode you can do a factory reset, that will erase all your data. The factory reset can also be started from settings, if the phone is up and running.

how-to-shutdown-a-frozen-samsung-galaxy-smartphone-without-battery

enter-samsung-recovery-download-mode

how-do-i-start-my-samsung-smartphone-or-tablet-in-safe-mode

0 Likes
skumar-r
Apprentice
Options
Nice technical tips Rolf (handshake)
0 Likes