Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW N300 sound gaps.

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 12:03 AM)
AdamC83
Student
Options

Been fine for 2 weeks since purchase but now I’m getting one or two second gaps in sound mainly after there is a silent part on the programme I’m watching or at start of adverts etc, soundbar is connected via optical cable to a Samsung UE32N5300 Tv in the bedroom which does not have Bluetooth so optical is my only option. Can anyone remedy this issue? Could it be an update required already?!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @AdamC83! Are you still experiencing issues with this? If so, does the sound gap happen with every channel or programme you watch? Do you have any other optical cable you can try?

0 Likes
AdamC83
Student
Options

@CarloL Yes it’s still doing it, start of every advert on every channel has a second of sound missing and on programmes if there is a gap in speech or noise it drops out for a second or two, very annoying. Changed the optical cable and still happens sadly.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Ok then, disconnect the soundbar from the TV and try restarting the TV: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. When the TV powers on again, watch something and check if the issue with the sound is present without the soundbar being connected. Finally, connect again the soundbar and check again. 

0 Likes
Baronoli
First Poster
Options

Hi. I'm having exactly the same issue. Happens usually after about an hour or so on optical. Then I get sync issueswith Bluetooth. Any luck solving your problem. Not a very good experience so far with this soundbar. 

0 Likes
AdamC83
Student
Options
Nope still doing it, tried updating software with most recent version on a USB but can’t seem to get it to do it. Turned it on/off, disconnected everything etc and still does it. Plus I bought it used, purchased by original owner in Nov 19 so can’t take it back for a refund. If I can’t get the update to work will bite bullet and just buy a different one. First Samsung item in the house I’ve had an issue with 😞
0 Likes
Baronoli
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response. Problem is the same with me. I can fix it by switching it on and off after an hour or so of use. Also noticed lip sync issues with the Bluetooth (no option to tinker with the delay on my TV unfortunately, and the sync changes over time) and sync issues with other kit (I have to switch it off and on to get it to work again) . Support from Samsung appears non existent. Shame really as I normally rate them.

Thankfully I can send it back for a refund but if I am otherwise happy with it in terms of the output. 

0 Likes
Martin314
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with the start of sound cutting out over optical, firmware fix from May 2020 has fixed it! Also had lip sync issues over optical, fixed by setting audio output on the TV to PCM.

0 Likes