Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch? TAKE 2-2021

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 08:44 AM)
ShivDevon
Journeyman
Options
So I am reposting this query following a longstanding thread (see link below) which Samsung have marked as resolved - I hasn't been resolved nor responded to. 

The below is a quote from the original thread but the principle is the same and the problem still exists.

Samsung - could we 1) ask for a formal response from yourselves as customers who have spent millions of £/$ on your watches 2) could you please allow all the exercises on the Samsung Health app to appear and work on the watch? 

"When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected. But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up" The same is thr case for many other excerices that just do not cross over between a watch and app and the app has exercises you just wouldn't take your phone with you and the reason you bought a watch!! Such as snorkeling!!!

Thank you in advance! 
36 REPLIES 36
Members_nz43xfr
Apprentice
Options

BUMP!

Members_e1XWr0I
First Poster
Options

Why can't Samsung at least give us a simple fix, for example a other activity with GPS tracking? Currently this watch IS NOT A WATCH FOR TRAINING, since it basically only handles running and bike. All my other workouts like skiing, kayaking and so on can only be recorded on the phone! 

So not only do you (Samsung) abandon the OS a couple of months after I bought a watch with a dying OS (without knowing it), you didnt even deliver a finished watch!

I'm hoping (probably in vain) that you will at least deliver a minimum fix to make it possible to record other activites with GPS tracking, and not just ignore your customers... 

Dawid Dettlaff
Student
Options

Really it's 2022 and still no one in Samsung fixed it?

Kössi
First Poster
Options

Nope, i bought Polar and recomend it for all.  gear sport watch was big Disappointment money wasted

Members_1bRjl7V
First Poster
Options

I agree. SAMSUNG are so behind. They fail to please their loyal customers. Shambolic. I am considering a move to Garmin, Polar, even Suunto.

0 Likes
sashsob
First Poster
Options
I have a samsung active 2 watch and on my app I can use aqua arobics which is not what I want as I can't take my phone in the pool. How do I add this workout to my watch please
0 Likes
Merenwen
Student
Options

15th february 2024.

Dance workout is on the phone but not on the watch.

I've read many threads about this issue and no fix to this day ?!