Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch? TAKE 2-2021

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 08:44 AM)
ShivDevon
Journeyman
Options
So I am reposting this query following a longstanding thread (see link below) which Samsung have marked as resolved - I hasn't been resolved nor responded to. 

The below is a quote from the original thread but the principle is the same and the problem still exists.

Samsung - could we 1) ask for a formal response from yourselves as customers who have spent millions of £/$ on your watches 2) could you please allow all the exercises on the Samsung Health app to appear and work on the watch? 

"When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected. But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up" The same is thr case for many other excerices that just do not cross over between a watch and app and the app has exercises you just wouldn't take your phone with you and the reason you bought a watch!! Such as snorkeling!!!

Thank you in advance! 
36 REPLIES 36
Nuclearcity
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, please update to solve this issue I am experiencing the same for Squash.....so annoying.....

mayera
Journeyman
Options

Yes, totally agree, playing squash, skiing, ski touring, windsurfing, sailing, rock climbing, dancing etc. All of these activities are available in Samsung Health mobile app, but none of these is available in the Galaxy watches. Even the newest Galaxy Watch 3 misses this basic function. It’s sad because such a great smartwatch cannot be used by a lot of activities for normal tracking. It has GPS, HRM, moreover a built-in barometer as well – all these information should be just recorded, and nothing else, no need for any difficult or complex development, no need for any new algorithm. Samsung please, make all the activities already exist in Samsung Health mobile app available in your watches, too.

rlm
Journeyman
Options
I am considering buying the Watch 3 but see little point unless this major issue is resolved.
Cazly
Student
Options

Agreed! What's the point of having a smartwatch when I have to go back to my phone to find the activity?

tjg
Student
Options

Can't wait for a fix for this issue. I have the same problem with tennis. It's only available on phone and not on watch. If we're performing an activity while wearing the watch, it makes sense that it should be available on the watch.

Idunn
First Poster
Options

I also really hope they solve this issue. I would really like having skiing and aerobic on the watch. And cant see the use of all the exercises like push ups and armcurl having separate workouts...

ValenDren
Explorer
Options
would love this update. surely fairly straightforward to implement?
SA666
Apprentice
Options

They are doing nothing. It is obviously designed by people who have never gone outdoors and done any physical sports. In my opinion it should be called Samsung Stupid watch. Two options exists - either one writes off the expense and buys something else...any other option will track the sports we are talking about. Or we raise a stink in open social media, in the hope that someone sensible will see it and get it fixed!

marius_sc
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I can't find inline skating on my watch3 even though I have it on my phone as favorite. It's disappointing and I might consider to move to the other brand if support for inline skating will not be fixed.