Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4-No auto detect cycling😤

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 10:31 AM)
Ang144
Pioneer
Options

For someone who cycle to work, to discover today that Watch 4 doenst auto record cycling and its not even in the option menu, VERY disappointed. Please fix it, Active 2 had it why the new watch doesn't support it too? 😕 Its basic work out like running and walking, its in the top 3 one that should be included,in my opinion.

72 REPLIES 72
Members_8VjgtJs
First Poster
Options

I agree! Samsung, please fix this!

biah
First Poster
Options

+1

galaxy watch 2 stopped working because I entered the swimming pool with it, even though it is said to be waterproof!! Then I upgraded to a watch 4 and there's no cycling track. That's terrible! why would one do that? is it real that people are doing more elliptical training than cycling to justify that we remove cycling? it's just very stupid!! 

shinrinyoku
Student
Options

Started using my 4 again after reading an article that it got all of these major updates in hopes of this auto-detect cycling being something that was corrected and nothing.

Can anyone confirm the watch is automatically recording bike rides?

This watch is a piece of sh*t and I wish I still had my active 2. Between this bullshit situation and  and another with moving to the EU from the US and needing a repair. Samsung won't even let me pay for a repair because the phone was bought in NYC and can't be repaired in Amsterdam because it was bought in the US. I understand phone internals change depending on which continent it's in but this was camera glass cover which is the same on all phones. 2022 marks 10 years since I dropped apples mobile devices but I'm thinking about jumping sip to see where we they stand these days

Grifter71
Apprentice
Options

This is a really stupid problem amd what makes it worse is the complete lack of interest and replies to this thread. Samsung customer services needs a big shake up

RDmore
Apprentice
Options

I have gone to using Google Fit on my 4.  It automatically registers my rides.

0 Likes
fulldanad
Journeyman
Options

Hi @RDmore , do you get your heartbeat recorded by your watch or do you only use the bike detection made by your phone and hence don't have heart rate tracking ?

If you do have heart rate tracking could you explain how you managed to activate automatic activity detection for Google fit on your watch ?

Cheers

0 Likes
Members_D6sTUZ8
First Poster
Options

So disappointed after bying my first Samsung Watch because of the lack of auto detection when cycling. Also the battery is *****! After going for a bike ride (45km) the battery (wich was full) was completely drained, watch powered off so I lost the tracking (manual) of the bike ride.

I'm really thinking of returning the watch. 

Graveworm93
Student
Options

Came from the original Galaxy Watch 46mm which auto detected cycling, had double the battery life, had easily replaceable bezels for when they get scuffed rather than this crappy new design where to replace the bezel you have to replace the main body! It was also more comfortable! If only I could take the CPU from the 4 and put it in the first gen, I'd be so much happier. Please add the detection of cycling, but also on the next watch, go back to the old design with a slightly bigger chassis, bigger battery, better comfort and replaceable bezels!

Members_lODmtw8
First Poster
Options

A year has passed from your post and still no auto cycling. Ridiculous, my wife has the 1st generation and it works, why nor in a mew watch!

KMBak
Explorer
Options

I bought this watch month ago.  Eralier I had GW46. Im shocked that new model doesnt detect cycling. What a shame Samsung - repair Your device - NOW!